chapter forty three

j u n g k o o k

I feel cold, once I woke up from my bed. Brushing my hair back, I take my phone and looking at the time. It was too early but I could take my time to change myself.

After doing my bath and putting on my suit, Jisung went out of his room at the same as me, with one open eye and his hair messy as ever. He already put his jacket and his bag, ready to go to school.

He hummed, "Good morning."

"Good morning, sleepy head, did you play all night or what?" I asked as he kept silent and walked downstairs with me.

We sat on the table, face to face as we waited for our food. He closed his eyes, and placed his head on his arm. I tapped his head as he woke up immediately.

"Don't sleep in class," I demanded.

He nods, taking a bite of his breakfast. I drink my coffee, putting my glasses on and looking at the news on my phone. To be honest, I wasn't paying attention to the news but waiting for Y/n to call me.

She told me she was going to call me, she's a morning person, so she's suppose to call me at this moment. I'll wait, I want to see how long it takes.

"Dad?" Jisung asked. I nod, scrolling down the phone. "Did Y/n called you yesterday night or this morning?"

Stopping myself, I gaze at Jisung who still had his eyes closed. He looks stupid, but I still answered him.

"Maybe she's sleeping," I say, drinking the last shot of coffee before getting up and taking my coat.

"She didn't answered me yesterday night and neither this morning, even if I called right after you did. Doesn't it sound sus?" He said, rubbing his chin like a detective.

I stare at him weirdly before ruffling his hair. "Wake up, Jisung. You have school and we'll talk about mysteries another time."

"Alright," He finally lets go of that topic, continuing to eat. "See you tonight."

"See you."

❣︎

Now, Jisung's words is replaying in my mind. It does sounds a little suspicious. It's already passed lunch time and she still hasn't called me. I told her to at least call me or even text me to have a light heart, because I'm ready to go at this moment at her house.

But I'm not going to jump in conclusions and say that's she's being mistreated at her own house by her father. That doesn't sound right, Y/n's father must be lovely and to have raised a beautiful daughter like her.

No, it doesn't make sense. I'll wait.

The office's door opened with Back, bowing and gesturing the guests to enter. It was Mom, just her today. She entered, thanking Back before he left, closing the door slowly.

She stares at me with a smile, sitting on the chair in front of me. I take off my glasses and gave all my attention to her.

"Do you have tea here? I'm craving for one," She laughed as I laughed with her. I called Back and he brought them right away. He pours a glass for Mom and one for me before he leaves again.

We drank slowly, not looking at each other. Why is it so awkward today?

"I heard that girlfriend of yours is actually your girlfriend," She said, putting a packet of sugar in her tea.