16. Lunch at the Bridgerton Estate

"Miss Kingston please come in," One of the Bridgerton's servants welcomes as I begin to walk through their gate, Matilda following close behind.

  "Thank you," I sweetly reply as he leads us up the stairs to the doorway.

  "Now I must warn you that there is quite a lot of commotion going on. Considering the Duke and Duchess's presence along with their new baby and all of the other Bridgerton family members the house is quite lively," He continues to describe as we make it inside to reveal a grand hall decorated with the most marvelous paintings and flower assortments. Yes, I have been to the Bridgerton's house before with Eloise but being formally invited makes the experience seem much more extravagant.

  "Veronica!" Eloise's familiar voice rings as the servant from before takes my overcoat, "This is so exciting, come with me and I will introduce you to everyone!" Eloise cheers taking my hand impatiently.

  "Alright," I giggle in reply as she drags me through a labyrinth of rooms until we make it to some sort of living area/ parlor.

  "Miss Kingston, it's and honor to formally meet you," Lady Bridgerton greets after rising from her chair to make my acquaintance. Seeming more friendly than I expected her to be considering my last public interaction with her son. Hopefully she isn't hiding the fact that she hates me for it, hopefully she actually is as sweet as she seems.

  "I should be saying the same about you Lady Bridgerton. You have raised your children marvelously and your house is amazingly kept," I smile returning the kind greeting with a slight curtesy.

  "Oh, your compliments are greatly appreciated," She smiles before allowing another one of her kin to make my presence.

  "A pleasure to meet you Miss Kingston. I am Hyacentyh," The youngest Bridgerton child eagerly introduces herself snaking her way through the maze which is her family.

  "You as well Hyacinth," I giggle in reply truly amused and calmed by her young innocents and excitement.

  "I'm Gregory," Another younger sibling introduces himself, this time more so out of force for he didn't seem to show much excitement about meeting me at all. I do not blame him though, at his I despised meeting anyone my parents had invited to our estate.

  "Benedict Bridgerton," One of the older brothers introduces himself, "I believe we have met briefly in the past, I complimented your painting skills if I can recall correctly,"

  "Awe yes!," I answer comforting his memories, "I assume you are a fan of art yourself?"

  "I actually like to believe that I am somewhat of and artist myself, so yes. Although I must admit, I not enjoy my work at all times," He sighs in reply allowing for yet another sibling to introduce themself.

  "Duchess of Hastings, but you may call me Daphne," The eldest daughter greets with the upmost elegance, it is no wonder she was the diamond of last season. It is not wonder how she married a duke. Her presence alone seems to make the room feel more elegant and proper, "It's an honor to make your acquaintance. I am aware that we have a lot in common, perhaps we could indulge in a conversation later?"

  "It's an honor making you acquaintance Daphne, truly. And please use my first name, Veronica," I smile in reply noticing the baby in her arms, "And who is this?"

  "Amelia," She grins before looking down at her daughter with so much love in her eyes, "She is just delightful isn't she,"

  "Perfect actually," I complement truly in awe of how adorable she is. Seeing all of these babies (my brother's and Daphne's) has truly opened my eyes to how much I would like to have a child of my own someday. I never organized my life around the thought of being a mother, even when the idea was pressured on me but now I guess the baby fever has finally caught me.