34. The Devil's Seal

In response to his kiss, to his sweet and charming forehead kiss- in my reaction to the butterflies in my stomach, I kiss him back. A deep kiss on the lips, one made of passion and fueled by frustration. One without a care for anyone else in this damn ball. Too confused by the queen's remark, too overwhelmed to care, I deepen the kiss.

"Anthony," I moan as we both take a breath for air not giving myself time to truly think, "I want you, now,"

With a quick pause from Anthony out of carful hesitation and need for reassurance I nod my head, trying to persuade him that I truly am ready. That this won't take away my honor, if anything killing a man has already done that, but here I am scot free. From there he picks me up and I curl my legs around his body. We then crash through one of the closest rooms quickly locking the door behind us.

"I know how to make you feel better," Anthony growls setting me down of the sofa conveniently placed in the room.

"I know you do my Lord," I cry back tearing his shirt off of him, managing to rip of two buttons entirely.

"You're so beautiful, my future Viscountess Bridgerton," He moans bringing our lips together once more before helping my dress off.

Every touch of his hand, every glide of his fingers across the fabric of my dress, across my skin, causes an urge from me like never before. His touch on my skin, my bare skin, untouched my man, couldn't feel more welcoming and natural.

"You have asked for my approval, but are you sure you're ready for this dance with me this time?" I ask remembering the last time we became intimate, how he wouldn't allow it to go any further. Not just for me, but for my honor.

"With my future bride I could never be more delighted," He smirks massaging his fingers over my undergarments.

We then continue to kiss, the heat of his breath lighting up my insides.

"Hello is anyone in there?" A voice yells from outside the room along with a rattle on the door handle.

"Shit," Anthony mutters under his breath grabbing for his now ripped shirt and coat.

"Gods," I groan pulling back up the dress that lays on the floor, grabbing for my shoes.

"Hello, yes one moment please!" Anthony yells in an annoyed tone, rewarding himself with a glare from me.

"Why would you let them know that we are in here?" I whisper through gritted teeth tripping to get my shoes back on, looking for an escape that is much more... proper.

"Maybe if they were to have a key they wouldn't have been so kind to give us a second to wait outside," He argues buttoning up his coat.

"But what if he didn't have a key and he would have just gone away, we would be in the clear," I hiss playfully hitting him on the stomach, "What am I to do if we are found like this. We still need the Queens approval,"

"The window-"

"The window?" I whisper yell at him, "You want us to escape through the window?"

"We are on the first floor the worst that can happen is a fall into some rose bushes," He continues trying to calm me, "And it would just be you making the trip, he already heard my voice,"

"I am going to kill you. Before I have a chance to marry you, I am going to kill you-"

"Veronica Kingston are you in there? It's Luke Chambers," The voice from the hall rings once more.

"Luke?" I exclaim out loud, "I will not be sailing out of a window today Anthony, I trust Luke to act on any suspicions,"

Without giving Anthony a second to object I run to the door and open it.