29

Thalia

I woke up on the morning of Liam's birthday, realizing I had a perfect excuse to give Regulus a note. I needed to apologize- for the past two days he had been ignoring me. I didn't blame him, but I figured it was time to talk.

Anna, Hazel, and I met the rest of the boys in the common room before we silently walked up the steps to the boys dormitory to wake up Liam. The dormitory was empty- it was nearly noon on a Sunday morning. The five of us whispered to one another, doing our best to stifle our laughs as we surrounded Liam's bed. The boy had his head under a pillow and was still fast asleep. 

Joe held up his fingers and mouthed "3,2,1."

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" We screamed, laughing as Liam shot up out of bed with a bewildered look on his face. Ace jumped onto his bed and tackled him while the rest of us cackled with laughter.

"I was so close to getting 14 hours of pure, uninterrupted sleep," Liam grinned, shrugging out of Ace's hold. 

"C'mon Liam, you're an adult now. It's no longer acceptable to get more than 13 hours of sleep," Augie smirked. 

Liam groaned, but was smiling nonetheless. 

While we were talking with him, I glanced around the dormitory to look for Regulus's bed. It was incredibly easy to find. The bed right next to Liam's was made (unlike the rest of the beds in the dormitory which looked like their occupants had been murdered in their sleep.) The area looked relatively tidy sans a quidditch jersey draped over the edge. On the nightstand, there was an expensive watch, quidditch gloves with the number seven stitched into the sides, and a potions textbook. 

I stepped back while my friends were occupied and tucked my short note into the potion's textbook, allowing the paper to peek out slightly but not enough to make it obvious. I then resumed the conversation as if nothing had happened. 

We let Liam shower and get somewhat ready for the day. In the meantime, we piled our gifts onto his bed. I had got him an assortment of sweets from Honeydukes along with a variety of Zonko's items to add to his collection. 

When Liam rejoined us, we let him open his gifts. Ace, Augie, and Joe had gotten him a similar gift to mine, Hazel got him some candy along with five homework passes which he could cash in whenever he wished, and Anna got him a wallet with his initials stitched into the side along with some more Zonko's items.

Liam thanked all of us and shared his impressive haul of candy while we lounged around the dormitory. 

"So," Augie said tossing back a handful of Bernie Botts Every Flavor Beans. "Who got you the best gift?"

"Oh," Liam smirked, "That's difficult."

"I personally think my gift trumps all of yours," Ace said.

"Oh sod off we got him the same thing," I whacked his shoulder and he threw a jelly bean at me.

"See, I think Hazel's was the most creative and probably the most useful," Joe pointed and Hazel grinned. 

"That's true," Liam nodded. "I'd say Hazel."

"What? What about mine?" Anna asked.

"Yours was also good," he smiled at her, "But, Hazel's can be put to use today considering I haven't started the charms assignment." We all laughed at this. 

"I personally think mine's better," Anna said smugly. 

"Well there's still time in the day to prove it," I added. "It's still anyone's game."