52

A/N: Ok I'm back back back! I'm sooo sorry. Here's an update: I got my results back from my recent SAT and my new score is a 1510 (yay!!), I've written five essays so I've made some progress, and I'm determined to post daily or every other day again. My cast is off, but my hand isn't fully healed yet. I am, however, able to write much better now. I love you guys and I had some issues with this book (I thought it was getting too slow), but I think I sorted them out. I think I made the rest of the book quite interesting, so stay tuned. 

Thalia

The common room, which used to be a quiet space for Regulus and I at night, had transformed into a vessel of chaos. Every fifth and seventh year was hunched over a desk or lounging in a chair, cramming for their N.E.W.Ts and O.W.Ls. 

Not only did that mean less time with Regulus, it also meant I had to put the horcrux research on hold. Plus, even despite the fact that I wouldn't be going right into the work force once out of school, I knew I would have to scrape at least passing grades on most of my N.E.W.Ts. 

Luckily, my friends were in the same boat.

"Ok," I heard Ace say from a nearby table, "Liquid luck, ingredients and magical properties- go."

"Felix Felices, or liquid luck, causes the consumer to have an incredible amount of luck and confidence in their endeavors," Hazel said, "Too much can cause over-confidence or recklessness, so the potion has to be taken in small quantities. Ingredients include horseradish, thyme, occamy eggshell, squill bulb, and ashwinder egg."

"Jesus, Hazel," Ace groaned, shaking his head in bewilderment. Hazel merely rolled her eyes, a light blush forming on her cheeks. 

On my left, Liam and Anna were crafting acronyms for different potion's ingredients. 

"Aconite, appleseeds, nightshade, and lavender," Liam's eyes widened when he realized which  acronym he could use.

"Don't even say it," Anna rolled her eyes whilst grinning. 

"Don't say what?" Liam grinned.

"You immature ass," Anna pushed his shoulder playfully. 

"What?" Liam gaped, "You called me an ass, how is that any different than me using ANAL as my acronym? It's the same part of the body." 

I laughed at this before my gaze drifted around the room once more, past the chairs filled with students, to a lone chair in a corner. Regulus was tucked away in his chair, reading by himself. The cover flap of the book he was reading was from our Transfiguration textbook, though it looked far too big for the pages beneath. I didn't doubt that he was continuing the horcrux research instead. 

x x x

Regulus

The morning of the first N.E.W.T. was more subdued than the night before. Everyone around me was picking at their breakfast, waiting anxiously for the exam to begin.

After breakfast, McGonagall transformed the Great Hall, changing the four long tables into individual desks for each student. She then began calling out names and pointing to desks. 

"Adams, Alvez, Amir..."

I internally groaned when I realized we would be sitting alphabetically. 

"...Barnes, Berry, Black, Black, Boot..."

I kept my eyes locked on my designated desk and walked forward, hoping not to make eye contact with Sirius. Luckily, I was successful and reached my desk without...