33

Thalia

I woke up feeling giddy.

Giddy.

As in I could not wipe a stupid smile off of my face. 

It felt dumb, but I physically couldn't suppress my smile. Of course, I did my best to hide it, but needless to say it was difficult. To put me in an even better mood, it was sunny and beautiful out which was a nice change from the constant rain. 

Anna and Hazel were much less pleased. Hazel was concerned about our upcoming Dark Arts exam, while Anna was pre-occupied with the Liam situation. The two of them still had yet to talk to one another. For their sakes, I tried not to look too overly happy as we got ready for the day.

"Are you going to talk to him today?" Hazel asked Anna as we got dressed. 

"Yes," Anna groaned.

"You sound so upset," I smirked.

"I'm not upset, it's just awkward to talk about that's all," she shrugged. "I wish we hadn't been drunk, it just makes things more complicated."

"Complicated?" Hazel asked.

"Yeah, neither of us want to ruin the group."

"I highly doubt you'll ruin the group," Hazel said with a knowing look. 

"You never know," she shrugged.

"Well, if you want our opinions, I think I speak for everyone when I say we support it," I added. 

Anna smiled slightly, and we continued getting ready. The three of us headed down to breakfast and met Augie and Joe who were the first ones down. We sat down and chatted with them for awhile. I kept craning my neck towards the door, waiting for Regulus to walk through.

"Have you talked to Liam yet?" Augie asked Anna. 

"Can we talk about something else please?" She laughed, prodding her food.

"Nope," Augie smirked. I snorted at Anna's expression and bit into a piece of bacon. 

"Oi Reg," Joe called. I instantly snapped my neck towards the Great Hall entrance to see Regulus and Ace walking in. He and I locked eyes for a split second. 

"Yes?" Regulus asked, sitting down next to Joe.

"Archer says he booked the pitch for today, and I told him to take it up with you," Joe pointed his fork at Regulus.

"Yeah he mentioned something about that," Regulus nodded, his eyes flicking towards me. I merely smirked and continued eating. "We need it every day until Saturday, but I let him take Monday and Tuesday next week."

 "What did he want it for?" Anna frowned.

"Dunno," Regulus shrugged, eyes meeting mine once again. I figured this was how the day was going to go- the constant game of cat and mouse. Who would look away first. He was doing a damn good job of winning our staring contests. 

But I had to admit, it was indescribably better than getting ignored.

"Good morning," Liam's voice drew my gaze from Regulus. I turned to see him standing behind Anna and I. 

"Morning," we chorused.

 "Can we talk for a sec?" He lowered his voice slightly to address Anna. 

"Er yeah," she put her fork down and stood up. I flashed her a smile to which she gave me a scared look. The two of them walked out of the hall together. Our end of the table didn't say anything until they were out of sight.