37

A/N: I AM SO SORRY I LITERALLY THOUGHT I PUBLISHED THIS BUT I WAS TOO TIRED TO NOTICE I DIDN'T LMAO. I WAS LIKE "WHY AREN'T I GETTING ANY NOTIFS" AND THEN I NOTICED IT WASN'T PUBLISHED, AND I'VE NEVER FELT SO STUPID LOL

Thalia

It didn't take me long to realize that the hardest part of a secret relationship was that it was just that: a secret. 

Because while not telling my friends was in Regulus's best interest, I wasn't so sure if it was in mine. As the spring was drawing closer, Anna was especially intent on getting me a date to the Spring formal (a dance hosted late March). I laughed about her mission and brushed it off, but I knew her larger mission was to find me a boyfriend. 

"What about Archer Bones?" She asked one evening as we sat in our room, working on our essays. "He's hot and has an eye on you." She was right- I recalled him being somewhat interested in me at the halloween party, and he would often smile at me in class. 

"I dunno," I shrugged, dipping my quill in ink, "He's a bit too arrogant for me."

"Ok ok, what about Kevin?" she posed.

"O'brien?" Hazel asked, looking unimpressed.

"Why not?" Anna asked.

"He's a bit creepy," Hazel said and I nodded in agreement. 

"Hmm," Anna looked lost in thought. I smirked at her expression and turned back to my paper. "I'm running out of options here, we don't have many eligible bachelors at Hogwarts anymore."

We continued working on our essays for a bit, the sounds of quills scratching and paper rustling filling the room. 

"What about Black?" Hazel asked abruptly.

I looked up from my paper, trying not to look too shocked. 

"Which one?" Anna asked, "Sirius is fucking hot, though you also had your eye on Regulus awhile ago, didn't you?" 

"No," I laughed, trying to prevent my cheeks from blushing. 

"You so did," Anna smirked, "You were checking him out and everything."

"I can check someone out, it doesn't mean I want to date them," I smirked back. 

"Whatever you say," She smirked and Hazel laughed. I rolled my eyes and continued on with my paper. 

We continued writing until Anna and Hazel grew tired. I, however, had found myself becoming more and more nocturnal over the past few months, so I wasn't really tired. We put our essays away and got ready for bed.

I waited a bit longer after midnight, knowing there were quite a few people still in the common room. Around one, I made my way downstairs.

When I reached the common room, Regulus wasn't in his chair. Instead, he was looking out one of the windows at the night sky, oblivious to my entrance. I walked over to him and stood by the window.

"What are you looking at?" 

"Nothing," he drew his head away from the window and looked at me. I raised my eyebrows and he sighed, "It's stupid."

"Coming from you, I highly doubt it is," I smirked. 

"No, believe me, it is," he chuckled. 

I merely raised my eyebrows, waiting for him to elaborate. 

"There's just-it's stupid," he sighed again.

"Regulus."

"There's- there's this celestial event where you can see Regulus, the star I mean, right by the moon," he explained, "I was just looking for it- it's stupid."