39

A/N: Thank you for dropping links to dresses! I decided on this dress because just- wow. Also you might think I have horrible fashion sense given that it is a Spring dance, but most comments seemed to like it the best AND something tells me Regulus is going to like it a lot too...

 Also you might think I have horrible fashion sense given that it is a Spring dance, but most comments seemed to like it the best AND something tells me Regulus is going to like it a lot too

Thalia

The Spring dance was an annual occurrence for upper class-men, however, this would be my first year going without a date. I didn't mind not having the stress of going with someone, and I also liked having more time to myself to get ready. 

In terms of attire, Hazel and Anna had stayed true to the spring theme, wearing flowing, light dresses. I went with quite the opposite. My reasoning was simple- I figured that if Regulus felt bad about being unable to take me, I would just have to make him feel better. 

Oh, and I also looked hot.

That too.

I loved everything about the dress- the way the material glittered in the lighting, the way it hugged my body, and the sheer power that came with it. Plus, I also knew I would likely be the only one wearing black which meant I wouldn't have to deal with the stress that came with buying the same dress as someone else.

The three of us did our hair, makeup, and added finishing touches to our looks, showering one another in compliments as we got ready. Liam and Anna were going together and Joe and his Ravenclaw, Ingrid, were going together. The majority of us, however, chose not to attend the dance with anyone. I was somewhat surprised that Ace hadn't asked anyone, though I suppose that was better for Hazel. 

"Silver or gold?" Anna held up earrings to her ears.

"Gold," I said, strapping on my shoes. 

"That's what I think too," she agreed and unclasped the backings. Hazel was still adjusting her hair in a loose updo. I had just decided to let my natural hair down, preferring how it framed my face. 

I stood up from my bed and walked over to the mirror, taking in my appearance. The dress was the star for sure, but I was also impressed by my (mediocre) makeup skills which highlighted my face perfectly. I felt a bit nervous, but suppressed the feeling. I didn't know why I was nervous. I think part of me was anxious about Regulus's expectations. After all, he was used to a certain level of sophistication.

"Can you help me zip this?" Hazel's voice distracted me from my thoughts. She walked over to me, holding the backs of her dress together. She looked in the mirror at us and grinned. 

"We are going to be the best dressed people tonight," she whistled. 

"I second that," Anna called. I rolled my eyes at them and zipped Hazel up, finding my nerves returning. 

"You ok?" Hazel observed, "You seem a bit jumpy."

"Fine," I shrugged. 

"Ready?" Anna asked.