57

A/N: I'm cruel but not cruel enough to make you wait two days :)

Thalia

I don't know if you've ever gotten jolted awake in the middle of the night by someone who wasn't in your house when you fell asleep, but let me tell you it is not fun. 

I didn't know what time it was. It had to be far past midnight when I loud crack outside my bedroom door, immediately starling me awake. I rushed out of my bed looking for the nearest weapon-which happened to be my hair brush- as the door flung open revealing...

"Kreacher?" I asked with confusion. I set my hairbrush down to look at the elf who was sobbing and shaking. He didn't give me a single explanation as to why. Or why he was in my house in the first place. Without any hesitation, the crying elf grabbed my arm and disapparated us to Merlin knows where. 

We instantly landed at the base of a large cavern, the wind whistling in my ears. I spun around and was faced with ocean. Lots of it. Spanning in all directions. Before I could ask anything, the elf dragged us through the entrance of a cave. The large, stone walls were glistening with sea spray and the dark cave looked ominous. I gazed around at the dark, stone cave while the elf's grip on my arm tighter, snapping me out of my state of shock.

"Kreacher, what the fuck?" I stopped and asked him. He continued to tug at my arm, tears still streaming down his face. 

"Master Regulus," he said urgently before continuing to pull me along. That was all I needed to hear. I began to run next to the elf who let go of my arm. We entered a large cavern with a dark lake and a small island. From far away, I saw Regulus's limp body on the ground and my stomach dropped. 

"Fuck," was all I was able to rasp out. "Can you get us over there?" I asked Kreacher who shook his head. The lake spanned as wide as the dark cave let me see. Somehow-maybe it was the smell that gave it away- I knew I did not want to step foot in the water. 

"We have to take the boat," He pointed to a boat that was docked on the island where Regulus lay. 

"Accio boat," I said. 

Nothing happened. 

"Accio boat," I tried again.

Nothing.

 "Fuck, Accio boat," I desperately recast the charm five times until it proved useless. I could've snapped my wand out of frustration, but refrained from doing so. "Fuck, Kreacher what do we do?" I scanned the cavern, looking for anything that could take us across the lake. There was absolutely nothing besides rocks and water. 

Rocks. 

I quickly cast a levitation charm on some large nearby stones and levitated them over the water to make a makeshift stepping stone path. Kreacher gave me a doubtful, yet anxious look before hopping onto the stones. Once he was successfully able to stand on them, he began walking. After his foot left each stone, I would move it to the front of the line. 

The process started slow- I was shaking and trying to contain my fear. Soon, however, I got the hang of the pace and the elf made his way across the lake. After a few minutes, he finally reached the island. 

"Get him out!" I called across the water to Kreacher. "Bring him to my house!" He didn't hesitate before disapparting Regulus's body and himself. I spent absolutely no time wondering why he had listened to me.

 I inferred that I likely wouldn't be able to apparate back into the chamber, as Kreacher couldn't (at least without being summoned), however, he did get us outside of the cave originally. I ran back through the cave until I reached the entrance. I spun on my heel and apparated to my house, blood pounding in my ears.