32

Thalia

I woke up in my bed. Alone. 

Actually, I wasn't alone. Want to know why? Because I certainly had a nice crushing headache keeping me company. 

I groaned and sat up, pressing a palm against my temple to apply pressure to my throbbing head. I rolled out of my bed and tiptoed past my roommates, headed towards the bathroom. And then I threw up in the toilet.

Once I'd finished with that, I turned on the shower and stripped off my clothes. I stood under the hot water, not having the energy to do much else. I leaned my forehead into the cool tile, finding it helped my head a bit. 

After my shower, I walked back into my dormitory and changed. Hazel was sitting up in her bed, rubbing her head as I was. We wordlessly nodded good morning to one another. I looked over at Anna's bed to see her still fast asleep. I didn't need to ask how their night went. 

In the fourth bed however, a very much passed out Liam had his head buried under a pillow, looking as though he was suffocating himself. I was sure I'd hear an explantation later in the day.  For now, I was less concerned. 

One of the plus's of being in Slytherin is that all of our rooms have low lighting. That helped a bit. I chose to walk down to the common room to make sure all of my friends had made it back.

Once I entered the room, I found Ace frantically talking with Augie on one of the couches. 

"...where he is?" I caught the end of Ace's sentence. 

"Probably in Ravenclaw still," Augie said.

"Liam?" I asked and the two of them turned to look at me.

"Yeah," Ace said.

"He's in our room." Both of them relaxed slightly at this. I walked over and sat in a nearby armchair. 

"Don't take this the wrong way Tals, but what the fuck happened to you?" Augie asked, taking in my appearance. 

"Thanks," I said sarcastically,  "Honestly, I'm not even sure."

"You didn't go to the party," Ace said cautiously.

"My throbbing head tells me I decided to have some fun of my own," I replied dryly. 

"And your eyes," Augie added. 

"Those too," I nodded with a yawn. 

Ace looked at me cautiously, and I just shrugged nonchalantly as if to say I'm fine. I tried to recall what had happened last night. I know I'd drank, and I never remembered smoking but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. I remembered seeing Regulus at one point. 

Fuck that must've been awkward for him. 

We skipped breakfast entirely and did a headcount of our friends instead. 

Augie gave me a quick recap of the night, notable events including Sirius Black drunkenly falling off of a table, James and Lily kissing, and best of all Anna and Liam. Kissing. Sorry, no. Snogging against a wall, according to Augie. I would make sure to pry the details out of Anna once she awoke. 

We sat quietly talking for awhile, no one in the mood to do much else. Liam and Hazel emerged from the dormitory after some time. Anna and Joe still had yet to awake. 

The five of us headed down to lunch together, figuring the rest of our friends would join when they awoke. We sat down at the usual table and served ourselves some food. 

I scanned the room for Regulus. I wanted to know why I had seen him last night. I mostly just wanted to make sure I hadn't said or done anything stupid.