Shinjuku Noodles

A little while later, the door opened and Kindaichi entered. You continued to stare at the old-fashioned wallpaper as the boy set a tray down. He shut the door and walked back to the small round table where he set the tray, now adjusting the placement of the food.

"Miss Sawamura? Dinner," he informed kindly.

Oikawa was watching you through the camera in the corner, you didn't know that of course.

You ignored Kindaichi's request.

"Ma'am please eat, you haven't eaten since you stepped foot in headquarters three hours ago," he tallied.

"I'm not hungry," you mumbled.

Your stomach growled and you made eye contact with Kindaichi.

"What food?" you groaned and got up from the bed

"Ham and steamed rice," he reported.

"Oh," your voice trailed. "I don't want to sound like a brat, but I don't eat pork."

Kindaichi's voice cracked, "I'm so sorry! Your file didn't specify what you liked so I just brought what they were serving in the kitchen. I'll go get something else right now!"

He turned to leave but you interjected.

"There's no need for that!" you shook your hands in an X motion. "I'm perfectly fine. I'll just pick off the ham. It's no problem, come sit."

You motioned for him to take the other seat at the table to which he smiled and nodded before sinking into the chair. You picked up the spoon and brought some rice to your mouth.

"I like rice, and I like noodles, too," you told him with your lips curled. "In case you want to add that to my file."

Oikawa beamed as he watched you crack a joke through the surveillance screen. He was glad he was alone when he said, "You really are a brat."

Kindaichi stifled a laugh.

"Sorry, about your friend," you mumbled as you munched on the little bowl of rice.

"Oh, Yahaba?" Kindaichi asked. "He's fine, you just bruised his ego a bit."

You snorted.

"The captain is pretty taken by you, you know," he leaned against the back of the chair.

"The captain?" your words were muffled as you chewed. "Who's the captain? The headband guy and his grandpa?"

"No, the Seijoh captain" he shook his head. "Captain Oikawa."

You nearly choked on the rice.

You coughed, "That sociopath is your captain? He's insane. There's no way that jackass is your leader."

"He is," Kindaichi confirmed. "He's a great man and a brilliant captain. He's probably the smartest agent in the organization."

You grunted.

"What do you not like about him? He's incredible," he praised again.

"No, he's just a raging lunatic," you grumbled. "I hate the fact that he's so hot."

Oikawa threw his fists in the air and squealed.

"You find the captain attractive, huh? So does every other girl in the agency," he looked glum at the fact his boss had everyone wrapped around his finger.

"It doesn't matter what I think of your captain," you shook your head. "I'll have him begging for his mommy when I'm out of here."

Oikawa snickered in the surveillance room.