5:43

This is the alternate ending I had promised!! Tissues are necessary!

*****

You sat in the back of the ambulance, blood staining your hands and clothes as you gripped Oikawa's hand. The sight of him with an oxygen mask and being hooked up to a heart monitor was one that had rattled you beyond words.

The medics were doing all that they could to keep Oikawa alive, injecting him with things you couldn't even begin to understand and trying to cover up the laceration from the knife to prevent him from losing any more blood.

Your eyes were on his the entire time, you thought that if you looked away it would bring him pain even though his own eyes were closed.

The back of that vehicle was anything but quiet. The rush of the medics working was mixed with the sirens of the ambulance to create a hymn so loud it was displeasing.

As you silently cried, you murmured quiet enough only for him to hear, "Please stay with me. I—I love you, I swear I do."

You remembered how he had said that to you in the alleyway, and how when you were in the sun realm, Daichi had said the same thing to you.

Your voice made him open his eyes again, and as he did, he looked as if he was fighting to keep them open. He then whispered, "Thank you . . . for everything . . . for saving me."

You were shivering, seeing him then close his eyes for the final time. The loud beeping of the heart monitor overpowered any thought in your mind. You gasped and looked at the screen, seeing the line on the screen move up and down as if it had a mind of its own.

The medics began conversating loudly as they jumped in again to work. "He's flatlining."

"We're losing him!"

You then saw one of them holding a pair of defibrillators, rubbing them together to generate enough energy to hopefully kickstart the brunette's heart. They counted out loud, "Three, two, one!" before defibrillating him, making his body jolt up from the shock. But still there was no response.

They kept trying again and again as you watched in horror, your eyes flicking between the heart monitor, medics, and Oikawa's face.

Then that screeching sound of the monitor stopped, producing a monotonous and elongated beep. You took your eyes off Oikawa to look at the monitor, the signal of his heartbeat moving at a rapid pace was now at a stop. A dead stop.

"Time of death, five-forty-three a.m."

A paramedic put her hand on your shoulder, "We did all that we could. I'm sorry, ma'am."

Another medic was removing the oxygen mask from Oikawa's face, letting you see him again. Your eyes were wide as you looked back at Oikawa. He looked like he was sleeping. He always had trouble doing that, but he looked like he was having a nice dream.

You leaned over his body, pulling him into an embrace as you cried. You thought you would've been loud with your sobs like you were with your father, but you were quiet. You cried and pretended for a little while longer . . . that he was still dreaming.

*****

The world felt quiet. You sat in the hospital bed staring at the sheets you were in. The white color of them was glaring back at you mockingly, displaying how perfectly untainted they were.

Iwaizumi sat at the foot of the bed, the sun's rays accentuating his golden tanned skin. He had his eyes on you, they oozed with misery. Those glimmering flecks in his olive eyes had dimmed down to hollow memories.