The Command Team

before y'all continue— i'm just gonna say to pls check my twitter for an explanation abt the story cuz i'm seeing some confusion. And I'm aware that it seemed kinda rushed from the first chapter but just letting u guys know it was originally a one shot which is why they had sex so early on. But dw cuz once the plot develops as you read, you will realize more and more about both y/n's character and oikawa's. anyways here's chapter two.

———-

"We're glad you're finally on board with Helix. It may be a bit too much at first, but you'll grow to love it here," Director Ikkei Ukai extended his hand out for you to shake.

You shot a cheeky grin. "I'm glad to be here, sir," you shook his hand firmly.

After your little escapade with Oikawa three days ago, you decided maybe you should at least consider the organization for Daichi's sake. Oikawa had snuck you back into headquarters and informed you that he instructed an agent by the name Mad dog to wipe any footage of you two leaving the premises. Since you snuck in early in the morning, the other agents assumed that you were sleeping in cell 113 the entire time.

Once you asked to speak with Takeda about terms for you to formally join, the Helix agents graciously transferred you to a new bunker meant for official agents. It wasn't as cramped as cell 113, but nonetheless it was small since it was intended for one agent. Whatever the case, you were still grateful to be out of the cell Oikawa set up to look like a doll house.

When you informed Takeda of wanting to join the organization and follow in Daichi's footsteps, he was over the moon. Also, he was relieved you would be near him most the time so he could keep an eye on you and not have to suffer your father's wrath.

A meeting was set up with the director, Coach, and Takeda to discuss the conditions. They humorously told you that you had free will now, you could stay in your designated bunker in headquarters at your convenience, and you could go to your apartment near the Tokyo Institute of Technology whenever you felt like it. They had already registered your fingerprints and handprints in the system, allowing for you to gain access to the many facilities within headquarters. All you needed now was to be filled in by the other agents you'd be working with on what your next step was.

"Okay, kid," Coach leaned forward on the conference table. "You need training on combat and how our technological operations work. I know you're familiar with our top technical analyst, Kenma. We've decided to pair you up with him for your technical training. As for your squadron, we were thinking of assigning you to the Nekoma unit since Kenma is second in command in that squad. You would get along pretty well with the captain, too, he's a smart fella. But we understand if you'd want to go with Karasuno instead since your brother was the head of that unit."

You faltered, your lips parted and then pursed before you cleared your throat, "Actually, I was hoping to be placed in the Seijoh unit."

The three men sitting across from you at the conference table retracted in their seats. Each man had their eyes widened, taken aback by the randomness of your request.

"May I ask why?" the director asked kindly.

You smiled again, "Over the course of my containment, I became acquainted with a Seijoh agent," referring to Kindaichi. "Also, I figured since the Seijoh Captain is the one who brought me in, it would be nice to work with him and learn more."

Coach cocked a brow, "Isn't that the agent you called a jackass?"

You pressed your lips together awkwardly at the reference to your outburst in the interrogation room and responded with an elongated hum.