The Sun Realm

You peered around the doorway into the hall, narrowing your eyes suspiciously.

"What are you doing?"

The disembodied voice made you jolt. You spun around, facing Iwaizumi with his arms folded and eyebrow cocked in thought. You pursed your lips humorously, to which he cracked into a soft smile.

"Come on." He grabbed your hand. "I already know you didn't eat. Mika and Daishou are in the cafeteria."

You beamed at him, "Hajime, there's no need to take care of me. I'm fine."

Iwaizumi looked at you, "No, you haven't eaten in days. I also know about the thing."

"What thing?" you raised your brows.

Iwaizumi looked straight ahead as you walked, "I, um, I saw the USB. The one with the recordings Oik—" he stopped himself from saying his name. "The ones he made for your brother."

You chuckled, "You can say his name you know. It's not like he's going to appear out of thin air and zap you with a light saber."

"You can't zap someone with a light saber, they're swords so you'd get sliced—"

"Hajime, shut up. I don't care about Star Wars," you smacked his forearm. "My point is, Tooru is gone. I doubt he's ever coming back."

"Y/N," he cooed.

"It's already been over a week," you scoffed. "Honestly, I don't want to see him right now after everything he said. I'm okay with being alone."

The blatant lie bounced around your mind, echoing into the depths of your conscience, your words were boiling with false allegations. You wanted to see Oikawa more than anything, you knew his words were meant to hurt you so you would stay away. But there were hidden truths behind them. After all, there always is an underlying meaning behind people's lies.

"But you aren't alone," he said without hesitation. His eyes were wide, "Your mother chose to stay by your side, Mika is here, Daishou, Kenma, Akaashi, Kuroo, me."

Wearily, you turned to him, "Thank you, Hajime. I know I'll always have you. But this loneliness is a different kind. I'm not sure how to explain it."

You looked down at your feet. The truth was, you knew exactly how to describe it. It was a loneliness that left a part of you empty on the inside. Like the memories you had of all those people died off once they left. These other souls had been stitched with yours, laced together through your infinite encounters.

But they faded away.

Oikawa sat at the edge of the rooftop, his legs dangling off the ledge. His eyes were fixated below, gazing at the streets and lights of Tokyo. Flashes of purple and blue spilt over his pale skin, the city lights were powerful and demanding as always.

He smiled softly to himself, remembering how you freaked out the first time he brought you up here. The building wasn't all that special at first. It was just an old corporate tower for a fashion company that Oikawa thought was a pretty sight from the highest point.

He took you there one time to show you the view from the top, telling you he felt at peace there. A private place he'd go to get away from everything.

He remembered how hard he was smiling when he brought you up there the first time. You were grasping onto him, closing one eye and peeking down at the city with the other. You were whimpering like a five-year-old and he couldn't get over how funny it was. Especially when you would shoot him deadly glares when he teased you.

Once you finally calmed down, you realized how peaceful it was, "This isn't so bad."

He let out an exhale, "That's what I've been trying to tell you."