Getting a ride from Apollo

Jasmine's POV

When I learned that Apollo was going to arrive, I knew it would be hell.

We were all on the cliff, with me throwing up some more 'Notice-me-not' wards with extra strength.

Shortly afterwards, the sky began to lighten.

"About time," Artemis muttered. "He's so-o-o lazy during the winter."

"You're, um, waiting for sunrise?" Percy asked.

"For my brother. Yes."

Percy looked confused.

"It's not exactly as you think," Artemis said.

"Oh, okay," Percy said, relaxing a bit. "So, it's not like he'll be pulling up in a -"

There was a sudden burst of light on the horizon, accompanied by a blast of warmth. I turned away from the bright light, protecting my face from the brightness of Apollo's chariot.

"Don't look," Artemis advised. "Not until he parks."

When the light finally died, I turned around to see a red convertible Maserati Spyder glowing as it sat beside the cliff. The snow had melted around the car in a perfect circle.

Apollo stepped out of the car, dressed in jeans, loafers, and a sleeveless t-shirt. He had sandy hair and outdoorsy looks, but smiled brightly instead of sneering. He also appeared younger than Luke, at only seventeen years old.

"Wow," I heard Thalia mutter. "Apollo is hot."

"And another bites the dust." I groaned to Alina, who nodded sadly. I ignored the glare from Thalia, instead flipping her off.

"He's the sun god," Percy said to our cousin.

"That's not what I meant," Thalia replied, disgruntled.

"Little sister!" Apollo called. "What's up? You never call. You never write. I was getting worried!"

Artemis sighed. "I'm fine, Apollo. And I am not your little sister."

Apollo pouted.

"Who says I was talking to you?"

"You weren't," Artemis said with a deadpanned expression.

Apollo continued pouting.

"Hey, I was born first!"

"We're twins!" Artemis retorted. "How many millennia do we have to argue..."

"So, what's up?" Apollo asked, interrupting their age-old argument. "Got the girls with you, I see. You all need some tips on archery?"

Artemis gritted her teeth.

"I need a favor. I have some hunting to do, alone. I need you to take my companions to Camp Half-Blood."

"Sure, sis!" Apollo agreed, before raising his hands in a stop everything gesture. "I feel a haiku coming on."

I took out some ear plugs and duplicated them while my sisters groaned, passing them around. Bianca, our newest recruit, gave me a curious look, and asked why she needed them. 

The rest of us practically shoved them in our ears as Apollo burst out a Haiku.

Bianca shoved in hers a little to late and flinched at the horrible lines. I entered her mind Understand the drill now?

Bianca shot me a wide eyed look. I can read minds, but I don't do it usually.

Okay. Thanks for the ear plugs. Isn't he the God of Poetry? Bianca mentally asked.