Platonic Chiaki and Kaede at lunch together :)

"Soooo..." Kaede draws out, swinging her legs.

"What's your favorite video game?" Chiaki freezes and dramatically taps a button on her switch, the game music freezing. She slowly turns toward Kaede with an unreadable expression on her face.

"I don't know, what's your favorite song to play on piano?" Kaede opens her mouth, determined to retort, but she freezes.

"Oh. I guess you're right." She giggles, slouching forward on the table where they are eating lunch.

"Tenko's favorite song Kaede-tan plays on piano is The Entertainer!" Tenko exclaims loudly, stretching her arms across the blonde's shoulders.

"Eh? But that one's so... easy." Kaede taps her cheek, clearly confused.

"What degenerate told you that!" She hisses. Kaede notices Chiaki has returned to her game, so she shoves Tenko off with a laugh and leans forward again.

"Alright then, what's your favorite game right now?" Kaede asks again. She has her mind set on getting an answer from the quiet girl now.

"Hmmm..." She pauses once again, blowing up her cheeks up with air like a chipmunk as she ponders the question.

"I think Skyrim is my favorite now, it's an open world medieval game, it's really fun and I've beat it three times. I still have to repeat it again because there was a glitch and I couldn't complete the dark brotherhood quest." The explanation makes no sense to Kaede, but she nods and pretends like she understands.

"Sounds fun!"

"It's awesome." She glances up at the blonde for a second, her pink eyes softening. Kaede can tell she wants to talk about it more, so she pushes her on.

"What's your character like?" Chiaki sets down her switch and finally faces Kaede, her eyes lit up with excitement. She squeezes her fists together and leans forward slightly.

"This playthrough I'm playing as a wood elf named Orion, she's a mage but I also leveled her up a bunch in pickpocketing because I usually play as a lawful or chaotic good character but since I'm doing an assassin's quest I'm playing her as Chaotic Neutral!" Kaede grins as her friend finally is feeling her usual self again.

"What kind of character would I be?" Kaede smiles. Tenko shifts over, interested in the conversation.

"Hmmm... You would be a wood elf too, I definitely see those kind of elfy vibes from you. I can kinda see you building as an assassin, because the leader of the dark brotherhood is a really cute girl. You would also totally get bit by a vampire because you would have a crush on Serana, who's also a vampire."

"How do you know i'd have a crush on her?" Kaede laughs. Chiaki swiftly pulls up a picture of her on her phone.

"Oh. I see what you mean."

"Mhm." Tenko agrees.

"I wish I was an elf." Kaede sighs.

"How come? Me too, but why?" Chiaki asks.

"I dunno. I kinda just like the elf core aesthetic."

"Ooooo then you should totally play this game Breath of the Wild!" Chiaki launches into another explanation, her hands gesturing wildly. They talk about video games for the rest of lunch, and they make plans to have a sleepover where Kaede and Chiaki (and Tenko, who is in awe of their conversation) will make a Skyrim character together and take turns doing random questlines.