Soft bandaid

"I finished with the lemonade Ibuki!" Mikan says, smiling cheerfully. Ibuki looks up from strumming her acoustic guitar and smiles lovingly at her wife.

"Thanks!" Mikan hands her a glass of ice-cold raspberry lemonade, the sides of the cup covered in condensation. She takes a seat next to Ibuki on their porch swing with her own glass of lemonade, and snuggles up closely to her.

The sun is starting to set over the land- casting gorgeous orange and red light across the sky.

"I could stay here forever" Ibuki says with a soft smile. She plants a kiss on Mikan's forehead, who turns pink and giggles.

"Me too!"

They sit there, in silence, for a few moments, just basking in the fading warm summer light.

"How do you think the other's are doing?" Mikan asks, biting her lip.

"Hm, I'm not sure. We haven't spoken to any of them in a while, huh?" Ibuki says. She places her guitar down on the porch, and puts her lemonade on the table. She turns and hugs her wife tightly.

"Last we talked to anyone was at Sonia's and Chiaki's wedding right?" Ibuki asks. Mikan nods, blushing madly. Even though they were married, the nurse still tended to get so flustered.

"I'm so happy, Ibuki." Mikan says suddenly, scooching away slightly so she could look into her magenta eyes.

"I'm happy you're happy!" Ibuki grins, throwing herself into Mikan. They both laugh for a few seconds, not a care in the world. Finally, they could be happy and safe.