tokomaru... of course...

"If I see one more goddamn bomber monokuma I'm going to explode." Toko groans. My eyes are laser focused at the area around me, watching for any sign of movement. At least I hope they are. It's been a long ass day.

"I mean, literally. I would literally explode." Toko tends to ramble a lot when she's tired, or stressed. I don't mind. 

"Hey, Komaru." She tugs at the tip of my hair. I divert my attention from the surroundings and meet her eyes. 

"Hm?" 

"I know you're really working hard to save everyone, but we haven't rested in days." She sighs.

I pause for a second, my guard lowering. 

"I know. I know. I know you're right, but..." I pinch the space between my eyebrows, trying to relieve the tension that's been building up in my head for days and days of blood-filled nightmares. We still haven't found a way to save the kids from the brainwashing. We still haven't gotten the adults to keep fighting. We still haven't...

Toko puts a hand on my shoulder. 

She's right. I just need to look towards the future and keep on working. But for now... I guess we could rest.

"There's a hotel right there." I point towards a building.

"K-komaru, that is a love hotel." Toko says.

"What are you implying." Her pale face flushes, and she immediately starts drooling with a smile.

"Gross, Toki! Cmon, I don't see any other ones."

We dash across the hopefully empty street together. The love hotel is strikingly fancy, with gold embossed railing and a mahogany front desk.

"Wow." Toko's voice cracks.

"If only I could be here with..." She trails off, her face twisting up into a scowl. 

"Hm?" I poke my cheek, a knowing smile coming to my face.

"N-nothing, dork." She blushes. I fight back a giggle and grab a random room key from the front desk.

We travel down the carpeted halls for a bit before finding our room. I insert the key and open it up. To my surprise it's very clean and empty. The pink sheets on the smallish bed are neatly folded, a suspicious black box on top. The room is hello kitty themed, with My Melody and Kuromi decals on the walls. There's even a life sized figure of the two of them against the wall near the bed.

"Dear god..." Toko gags.

"Awww, come on, it's hello kitty!" I grab a My Melody plush off the bed.

"I want to be your friend, Toki!" I say in a high pitched voice, stroking her face with Melody's paw.

"That's terrifying." 

"What about Kuromi?" I pick up Kuromi and poke her in the face again. She swats me away with small grin and collapses onto the bed.

Every night a thought pops into my head to mention how we don't need to sleep in the same bed. She claims she's scared of ghosts, I claim I understand, and we fall asleep in the same bed. It's a strange amount of intimacy that doesn't come out during the day. While we do hold hands often, it's only because we're in dangerous situations. And it's not like we don't joke about us dating or practice kissing on each other.

I mean, I've only kissed a couple of guys before and it sucked! I always felt nothing. Toko had never kissed anyone, so we've practiced a couple of times. 

It's not a big deal. It doesn't mean anything. Duh. 

I collapse next to Toko, throwing the black box very obviously full of sex toys onto the pink carpeted ground. 

She's facing away from me, one leg sticking out from under the covers. 

"Toki?" She doesn't respond. Must already have fallen asleep. Jeez, didn't realize how late we had stayed out.

"Gnight." I hesitantly place my arm on her waist, pulling her close to me. I sweep her hair out of my face and rub my face into the fluffy pillow. 

It doesn't mean anything. 

She must be faking sleep, because I can feel her body relax under my arm. 

It doesn't mean anything...

Right?