Small Kaimaki Prompt

"Are you... blushing?" Kaito grinned, grabbing Maki's hands. They were sharing a milkshake at a small diner and the two's lips had brushed against each other when they both went to drink from their straws at the same time.

"What? No." Maki pulled her hands away quickly, trying to hid the redness in her cheeks.

"Did I get the ever- stoic, hardcore, total badass assassin Maki Harukawa to blush??" Kaito said excitedly, with a huge stupid grin on your face. Maki pulled her scarf up so it covered the lower half of her face.

"No... it's the cold..." She murmured. True, it was incredulously chilly outside the diner, but it was fairly warm inside. 

"Huhhh. It's the cold, not the fact that we almost just kissed when we're still in the dating-not dating- phase."

"N-no." Maki's voice cracked, and she buried her head in her arms, pulling her knees up closer.

"That wasn't a real kiss, Maki Roll. I'll give you a real kiss, you bet I will." Kaito laid a hand on her arm and the girl looked up, still beet red.

"You-you better keep that promise Momota." Maki said, before burying her head in her arms again.

Kaito leaned back with a small smile to wait for Maki to regain her composure.

'How cute,' they both thought.