24.

Ameerah

"Leave Ameerah

"Leave Ameerah. Now." My mom said.

I grabbed my purse and some food off the table and walked to the door. I wasn't leaving hungry.

"I hope you got everything you need because you won't be coming back." She said.

I looked over at my father and said "This is what I had to deal with for two years while you was God knows where. This narcissistic ass behavior."

"I'm glad you're forcing me to leave because if I would've stayed I probably would've tried to kill myself again." I said.

The look of shock and hurt on her face told me everything I needed to know. At least I knew she still felt something.

I didn't realize how toxic my mothers behavior was until I left for college. Living with her definitely isn't healthy so I guess for now i'm on my own.

I sat on the hood of Mj's car while they stood around me.

"So what's the plan?" Odell asked me.

"I don't have one." I said.

"I don't know if I'm going back to school.." I said.

"What?" They all said.

"With all this drama going on with my momma I don't think it's a good idea." I said. "It might be best if I do online school again."

"Who knows maybe she was serious with her threats this time." I said. "It's probably better for me to do it this way."

"So where that leave us?" Duke asked.

He just doesn't give up.

"Is there even an us Duke? You screwed that up before it even happened." I said.

"I know and I know I said I would leave you alone if you said no but ma I can't let you go that easily. Tell me what I needa do." He said.

"I don't know.. I just need time I guess, to think all this through." I said. "Like is school even worth it?"

"Oh nah. Dropping out of school ain't an option for you mama. Try again." Luke said.

Of course dropping out of my school wasn't my first option and doing online school isn't my favorite option but I don't have a lot of choices here. My mom is cutting me off and I have no way of paying for that apartment let alone school.

If I do decide to leave I'm going to truly miss them. They've really grown on me these past few months and I would hate to just up and leave like this. They're like the brothers I didn't ask for.