39.

Ameerah

"We gotta celebrate man

"We gotta celebrate man. You know how long I been waiting for shit to go back to normal?" Duke asked.

"No I don't but I'm sure you're gonna tell me." I said sarcastically.

"A long ass time man. I missed you a lot." Duke said.

Right now they were walking outside of the courthouse to each other's car.

"So what club we hitting tonight?" Duke asked.

"A club? Nah, I don't know about that."

"Come on Meerah. We gotta celebrate. It'll be fun." He said.

Ameerah had an uneasy look on her face. As far as she remembered the last time she attended any kind of party things got out of hand. Hence how Saylor was born.

"What you worried about?" Ryan asked.

"Do I really have to state the obvious?"

"Well if you not comfortable with it then we don't have to do anything."

"Nigga who is we? Nobody invited yo ass." Odell said.

"Dell. Stop being mean." Ameerah said with a stern face.

"You promised you were gonna forgive him like I did with y'all."

"Aight my bad." He said throwing his hands up.

"Just think about it ma. Aight? Ima hit y'all later and see what the word is." Duke said.

"Yeah I will. Where you headed?"

"Yeah I can definitely tell you getting your memories back. Your ass all in my business right now." He said chuckling.

"Haha very funny but I'm serious. You just said you missed me so whats up?" I said.

I had a feeling I knew exactly where he was going. I just wanted to see if he was going to tell me.

"Chill ma. Don't worry I'll be back before you know it. I got some business I need to handle aight?"

"Yeah whatever nigga. Come on Dell."

"You gonna meet us at the house?" I asked Ryan

"Uh nah. Y'all go ahead and text me the final plans. It's something I gotta take care of."

"Why does everyone have something they need to take care of all of a sudden?" I asked rhetorically.

Odell laughed and said "Chill. Just let em go and we can link up later. It's cool."

"Whatever." I said rolling my eyes.

We made it back to campus and of course all eyes were on us. I tried not to make much eye contact but I noticed some familiar faces.