14.

Ameerah

It was currently 8:30am and Ive been up all night

It was currently 8:30am and Ive been up all night. I seen the guys sleep in the chairs except for Duke; He slept in the bed next to me.  Nurses came in throughout the night to check on me and give me medicine so that was another reason I couldn't sleep.

Since I couldn't sleep I decided to get up and use the restroom. Once I did that I went back in the bed to lay down.

"Whatchu doing up ma?" Duke asked me.

"I couldn't sleep." I said. "I was gonna watch tv or something."

"You been up all night?" He asked rubbing his eyes.

I shook my head yes.

"Come here." He said stretching his arms out.

I laid down on his chest. This was his way of getting me to sleep; it worked for a couple of hours but that's it.

"Meerah." He said.

"Hm?" I responded.

"All jokes aside you know I care about you fr, right?" He asked.

I looked at him and said "Yes Duke I know."

"Aight I just had to make sure you knew." He said. "Now try to go back to sleep."

I laid back down and soon drifted off to sleep.
———
Hours later

It was now noon and everyone was awake. I was hoping I could get out of here soon.. hospitals make me nervous.

"Wassgood shawty." Duke said.

"Duke. I will pimp slap you." I said.

"I see the medicine wearing off. I can't say what I wanna say now." Duke said.

"How you feel?" Luke asked me.

"Fine. I feel fine." I said.

I was lying through my teeth.

"Nothing hurts?" Luke asked.

I shook my head no.

"When can I get out of here?" I asked.

"I'll go get the nurse." Duke said and walked out.

"Bestie." I said.

He turned around and lifted his eyebrows up.

"Why you not at practice?" I asked.

They really put they whole world on pause just to make sure i'm good. Trust me when I say they have a lot going on.

"And you." I said referring to Ryan. "You don't have to go train this morning?" I asked.

"I can train later. I'm making sure you straight first." He said.