36.

Odell

"So where the fuck you been at?" I asked Ryan

"Look ima head out before shit get hectic." Mj said dapping everyone up.

"Bye mama. I'll see you tomorrow." He said cooing at Saylor.

"I been around."

"Oh you been around but you couldn't come around to see us or your niece."

"It's complicated.. I wasn't ready." He said with his hand on his face.

"Nigga and you think we was?! That day changed all of us. Some better than others clearly."

"I know for me it was the best and worst day of my life. My little angel came into the world and I lost my sister at the same time. Or at least I thought I did."

"If you stayed around and had faith in her maybe things would've turned out differently. But nah you was too worried about hitting on Destiny."

"What?" Ryan asked frowning.

"You heard me. How long you been putting yo hands on her?"

"Luke told you that?" Ryan asked looking his way.

"It don't matter. Is it true?"

"It only happened once and it was an accident."

"It's never an accident. You think i'm about to let you around Saylor? Hell even Ameerah?"

"Fortunately it's not your choice. I'll get my chance to meet my niece properly, until then I'll see y'all around." Ryan said.

A few weeks later (for context we're in the beginning of March now)

I woke up to no noise in the house which was strange. It made me jump up and see what's going on.

When you have a three month old no noise isn't a good sign. She should be up before me.

I looked in her crib but I didn't see her.

"Yoo." I called out to see if I would get a response.

Nothing. I started to look around some more and noticed no one was in there rooms. I pulled out my phone to call Luke until I heard the door opening.

Duke, Luke, and Ameerah came walking through the door with bags in their hand.

"Now how you just gone take her and not tell me nothing?" I asked Luke.