19.

Ameerah

I was up fairly early looking at apartments near campus

I was up fairly early looking at apartments near campus. Next semester I definitely planned on living by myself because this living arrangement I got right now ain't working for me.

"Whatchu looking at?" Luke asked me.

"What does it look like?" I asked being sarcastic.

"Why though? Youn like it here?" He asked.

"No... I just rather be mad at y'all in my own space than in the same room with you. Plus I don't like living with liars and people who keep secrets." I said.

"Woah woah woah. Liars? Secrets? We just woke up what you talking about?" Odell asked.

"If you wanna play stupid then I'm retarded." I said.

I wasn't in the mood to play games with them. Not this morning. After a minute of silence Duke walked in and our attention turned towards him.

"The fuck I do?" He asked rubbing his eyes. "Why y'all staring at a young nigga?"

"Shiid you tell us. Shawty got the biggest attitude in the world right now. Talking bout some liars and secrets." Odell said with his arms folded.

I closed my laptop and said "Grow up."

He looked in between the three of us then smacked his teeth and said "Maaaan."

We had to get ready to pack and leave for thanksgiving break soon so I needed to get my stuff together.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" Duke asked following me.

"No." I said.

"Come on ma. I don't wanna be on bad terms before we leave." He said.

"You should've thought about that before you lied." I said.

"I didn't think it was that big of a deal. All she did was top me off." He said throwing his hands up.

"Ok Duke. If you don't think it's that serious then it's not." I said.

"So we good then?" He asked.

"No. Stop talking to me." I said.

"Cut me some slack here... i'm tryna make shit right." He said.

"I shouldn't have to cut you some slack." I said in air quotes.

"You shouldn't have lied... you should've told me what was up from the jump and I would've made my decision based on that." I said.

"Well... what's your decision now?" He asked.

"I don't wanna fuck witchu. Period. I'm not dating no liar." I said.

"Come on ma. It was one time and my last. I swear." He said.