40.

Ameerah

"Before everybody get here what's up with you and Kelsey?" She asked curiously

"Before everybody get here what's up with you and Kelsey?" She asked curiously. They didn't have much of an interaction earlier today and Ameerah wanted to be nosey.

"Shit ain't nothing going on. That ended right after I fell out with you. I felt bad about lying to you. I shouldn't have done it. We grown as hell anyway." Odell said.

"Yeah you're right. It shouldn't have but I'm over it. You gone shoot your shot again tonight or what? Half of the reason I invited her here was for you."

"Stop capping. Seriously twin?"

"Yeah." She said chuckling.

"What I gotta lie for?"

"I don't know man. I was low key expecting some ulterior motive. This new you is a game changer fasho."

"I don't know whether or not to take offense to that honestly."

"Don't take offense to it. The new you is a good thing twin. You on yo positive shit a whole lot more. I love that for you."

"Thank you Dell. When you have a baby I guess it changes you. My priorities are different now. It's all about her."

"Speaking of, Its about time for me to give her a bath and put her down for the night."

"I can do it." He offered.

"You sure? You don't have to. I should be getting used to it if Im going move out and do it on my own anyway." She said slipping up.

Ameerah had been thinking about moving out for quite some time. The thought first came to her when she learned Saylor was her daughter. Their 4 room 2 bath college styled apartment was just that, an apartment. She thought about how much more space Saylor would need to learn, grow, and explore. Don't get it wrong, Odell did an excellent job at taking care of Saylor. She has everything she needs thanks to him. Ameerah just felt like something was missing. Saylor deserved more than an apartment with 6 people living in it.

"Woah moving out? When?" He asked shocked.

"I'm not sure yet. I just know this apartment is too small for all of us. It was fun when it was just the five of us but now Saylor's involved. I need her to be comfortable."

"Yeah I hear you. I can help you find something and then maybe you can consider me moving in with y'all."

"Really? You'd be interested in that?"

"Of course, why wouldn't I be? I'm basically a father figure to her. I'm really all she knows, no offense. But I feel like moving without me would be too big of a change for her."

"Yeah I hear you and I don't take offense to that at all. I get it. She was basically your baby while I was hospitalized and even after that. I'll love you forever for it."