35.

The same day
Odell

The same dayOdell

"Hello?"

"I just thought I'd give you the courtesy you didn't give me. Ameerah is awake." Roman said.

"She's awake?! When did this happen?" I yelled.

"A few minutes ago." He said hanging up.

"Who's awake?" Duke asked.

"Ameerah... she woke up." I said in disbelief.

"What we waiting for?! Let's go." Luke said.

"Is anyone gonna call Ryan? He deserves to know." Duke asked.

"I'll do it from the car." Luke said.

At the hospital

"Damn nigga was you speeding or what?" I asked.

"I got here as fast as I could." Mj spoke.

"I hope you ain't hit nobody. I don't know how you got here faster than us."

"Did you already ask for her or what?" I asked.

"Yeah she said the doctor would be out in a minute."

"Where my niece?" Mj asked.

"Luke and Duke got her. I hopped out while they parked the car- Oh there they go."

"You got so big since the last time I seen you. You were so little." Mj said admiring her.

"What the doctor been saying about her?"

"Actually for a premie she's on track. We just went to the office the other day, she had to get a couple of shots."

"Did she cry? Or she took it like a G."

"I feel like she only cried cause Duke dumbass was instigating." I said mugging him.

"All I was saying was that she knew where she was. She might've heard me say it but she knew it was coming." Duke said shrugging his shoulders.

"So what i'm hearing is my baby is smart. Are you smart mama? Yes you are." Mj said cooing.

Someone cleared their throat which made everyone turn their attention to the noise.

"Is it true.... She's awake?" Ryan asked scratching his head.

Ryan looked terrible. You could tell he hadn't had a haircut in months, he had bags under his eyes, and it looked like he'd been up for more than 24 hours.

"What are you doing here? I thought we were gonna wait to call him." I said looking at Duke then Luke.

"I didn't call him." Duke said.

"I said I would but never did. I was busy wit lil mama in the car." Luke said.

"So who called him?"

"Destiny called me... I'm assuming she heard from Luke.."