21.

Ameerah

Two days later

Two days later

I woke up not too long ago and checked my phone to see if I missed anything. I just had a few missed calls and texts. I didn't respond to anyone. I needed a break... with the way I been getting treated lately I deserve one.

I sat up in the bed and looked around the room. I didn't see Mj anywhere so I got up to look in the bathroom. After he picked me up from my house he decided to get the room a day early.

"Wassup? How you sleep?" He asked.

"I slept fine." I said. "You?"

"Straight." He said. "Yo phone was going crazy while you was sleep though."

"Yeah I seen. I don't feel like talking right now." I said.

"If I was you I'd feel the same way. Wassup wit ya mom?" He asked.

"Honestly.... I can't even tell you because I don't know. She just started acting like this and I don't know where it's coming from." I said.

"She's never acted like this before?" He asked.

"No.. she ain't have no reason to.. Besides what I did." I said.

"Well we ain't gone worry about that right now. We here to have a chill ass weekend and that's what we finna do." He said. "We starting our day early so get ready."

"Okay." I replied.

"And cheer up nigga. Everything gone be aight." He said.

I gave him a small smile and nodded my head.

Later on that day

"So.. did you enjoy yoself today?" Mj asked.

"Yeah I did.. thank you for taking me out and buying shit even though you didn't have to." I said.

I hated when people spent money on me. I know other girls like when money is spent on them but not me. It didn't make me feel good.

"Aj.. don't start that shit." He said sparking a blunt.

"Whaaat? I'm not starting anything.. I'm just saying." I said.

"And i'm just saying. If I wanna spend money on you I will." He said. "It's sort of my way of making up for loss time and leaving you hanging."

"Really? Is that what this is about?" I asked.

He didn't say anything. He just continued smoking his blunt.

"Malik... I told you that it's not your fault. You literally had no control over that. Even if you did call me I wouldn't have got it." I said.

"I know but if I did call I could've at least been able to say I called you. You know?" He said.