10.

Ameerah

The following week

The following week

It was 12 o'clock and I was up moving around trying to clean up before my mom comes into town. I don't know why I was freaking out but I was. When I'm panicked or stressed I cook and clean. The food I had on the stove was just about finished.

I cooked chicken and shrimp alfredo for lunch. I don't even cook fr... I'm too stressed out.

I guess the smell of food woke these niggas up because they all came in here sniffing the air looking stupid as hell.

"Bay I ain't know you could cook. You the whole damn package ain't you?" Duke said walking over.

I rolled my eyes.

"Why you cooking lil mama? Youn never do this shit. Not that i'm complaining." Luke said.

I turned the stove off and said "Today's the day my momma comes in town."

"And when I woke up this morning I started panicking so I been cleaning and shit ever since." I said.

"I washed y'all laundry for the week so y'all should be straight and I cleaned the bathrooms." I said in one breath.

"Damn yo momma needa come down here more often." Duke said.

They all laughed and I hit him in the arm.

"Why you so nervous though?" Luke asked.

"I don't know.. I guess I wanna prove to her that i'm doing good by myself so she won't have no ideas of taking me out of school." I said.

That was probably my biggest fear.. her taking me out of society again..

"Oh aight. I get it. We gone try and make her visit as smooth as possible." Luke said.

"Thank you." I said.

They all dispersed back into the rooms except for Ryan. I came and sat next to him on the couch.

"You good?" He asked me.

"I think so. I'm just super nervous." I said.

"Don't be. You been doing good out here by yoself dispite everything that's been going on. She ain't gone take you out." He said.

"You always know what to say and how to say it." I said smirking.

The doorbell rang and I started to panic again.

"Shit." I whispered yelled.

"Y'all come out here in the living room. She here." I said.

I was really panicking on the inside and Ryan must've noticed the expression on my face because he tapped me on my shoulder and did one of those breathing exercises with me.