Chapter 8

Author's POV

The weekend came swiftly. It's been three days since that incident happened, and gladly everything was back to normal. Now, it's another sunny morning in the Kim's residence.

"Daddy, wake up!" Hwayoung cheered to the sleeping Namjoon beside her, but Namjoon was too deep in his sleep so Hwayoung started poking his cheek. "Daddy, it's Saturday. It's our family day!" She added, but Namjoon shifted to the opposite direction, making Hwayoung sigh.

Last night was their father-daughter bonding, which means that they will build a fort out of blankets and read some storybooks. Hwayoung loves when Friday night comes because she gets to enjoy her time with her father. But many things happened last night. After building a fort, they played a lot of different board games, had a tickle fight and pillow fight, and lastly, the storytelling. Namjoon slept later than Hwayoung because he cleaned the room first before joining his daughter to sleep.

"Daddy! Fire!" Hwayoung shouted, which surprisingly woken Namjoon up.

"Where?! Where?!" He asked repeatedly as he sprang from his lying position and hysterically looked around until his sight landed on Hwayoung's frame. "Hwayoung, where's the fire?" He worriedly asked.

"U-Uhm... The-There is no fire, daddy..." She stuttered as she lowers her head.

"Princess..." Namjoon sighed in disbelief. "Don't do that again, okay? You'll give daddy a heart attack." He warned, yet with gentleness in his tone.

"Okay, daddy. I'm very sorry. I was trying to wake you up but you were sleeping soundly." She apologized before letting herself get enclose from Namjoon's hug. "It's Saturday today, daddy. Are we going to the mall with Uncle Tae later? You promised, remember?" She excitedly asked after pulling away from him.

"Yes, we will leave before lunch. Now, let's go and brush our teeth so that we could have our breaky with your Uncle." He said and carried Hwayoung in his arms as they go to the bathroom to do their routine.

*****

Seoyeon's POV

"Are you sure that you won't be needing anything from the supermarket?" I asked to Eunhye as I check myself on the mirror. I'm wearing a yellow floral blouse that is tucked in my white, high-waisted jeans.

It's Saturday, meaning grocery day. Also, since yesterday was our pay-day, we have budgeted our money for our expenses this month. I am the one in charge with the groceries while Eunhye is the one assigned to the electric and water bills.

"Will it be okay for you to buy these for me?" She shyly asked while handing over a piece of paper.

I examined each product and noticed that it's for a skin care routine and some make-up too. That's strange. Eunhye is the least person I know that will use these products. She always say that the advertisements aren't even true, and the results vary from the one who uses them. And that she's already beautiful enough to even use those, which is partly true. Eunhye owns a simple yet natural type of beauty, so once she uses these, she'll be more beautiful I guess. I glanced back at her and saw a bashful smile on her face, then it hits me.

"Kang Eunhye!—"

"Fine! Fine!" She exclamed as she cup my mouth. "Yes, I am crushing over someone. Now, just buy me those and I'll pay for it, okay?" She blushingly explained, making me blink twice until a fit laughter replaced my blank expression. "What's so funny, Park Seoyeon? As if you don't wear make-up to impress your handsome lover boy." She sassed out as she roll her eyes on me.

"Yah! I don't do that for him, I do that for myself." I spat out, trying to suppress my laughter while watching her blush even more from embarrassment.