Chapter 39

Namjoon's POV

As I enter my room, I can't help but to sigh. Today was pretty tiring but I won't deny that I enjoyed Seoyeon's company. It becomes clear now why my brother is so head-over-heels. Hmm, it was always clear to me. I guess she's just proving it more to me. Anyway, it's just me tonight, since Hwayoung will be staying with her grandparents. To prepare for the evening, I went to my closet and took my pajamas. However, as I was about to head my way to the bathroom, my phone beeped. I put my things down and went to sit on my bedside to check the notification. Surprisingly, Seoyeon's name was on it.

[Ms. Park:
Did you get home already, Namjoon-ssi?]

[Me:
Yeah, I'm home now. Did something happen?]

It didn't pass a minute before I saw her typing a reply to my message.

[Ms. Park:
Nothing in particular. I was just wondering if you got home safely.]

Somehow, I felt a smile crawling on my face. I don't know why, but it feels nice to know someone cares for you. Taehyung and my other friends does, but it just feels brand new right now.

[Me:
Really? That's really kind of you. Thank you, Seoyeon.]

[Ms. Park:
No problem! It's also my duty to ensure your safety. Well, kinda my duty, as your friend and secretary.]

[Me:
I appreciate that :)]

After a couple of minutes that I sent my reply, it made me wonder why she's no longer replying. Did I say something wrong? I mean, my reply has a smiley. Was that bad? I was about to press the keyboard to type another text when she finally replied.

[Ms. Park:
Do you like rap songs?]

[Me:
I do like rap songs. Why did you ask?]

To be honest, I was a bit stunned when she asked about rap songs. It was pretty random. For me, it's a little rare for women to like rap. Well, Seyoung never liked rap songs. She prefers classical songs, which is the total opposite of her brother who loves to rap.

[Ms. Park:
I've been listening to this song. I wanted to share it to you, if you don't mind.]

[Me:
Sure. What is it?]

[Ms. Park:
I'm sure you already know this, but it's a collaboration between Rihanna and Eminem. Love The Way You Lie.]

[Me:
I do know that song! It's really catchy. I remember enjoying while listening to that.]

[Ms. Park:
Right? I like it. It's fun practicing the rap! Unfortunately, none of my friends are into rap songs. I don't have someone to share it to.]

Typing:
[Me:
Now you have me.]

"Eh, sounds too much." I tilted my head slightly before deciding to erase my text, but....

Sent!

"Wait! Oh no, no, no, no.... Ugh, Kim Namjoon! Look how clumsy you are!" I exclaimed to myself in frustration for accidentally pressing the send button instead of the erase. "Now I sound so clingy, this is so embarrassing." I sighed as I face-palm myself.