Chapter 37

Author's POV

While Namjoon was talking to a staff at a salon, Seoyeon was busy wandering her eyes around. This salon looks so elegant, as if only artists go here. Yet, her attention was snatched when Namjoon called her name.

"Seoyeon?" He asked.

"Oh. Uhm, yes?" She confusingly answered Namjoon as she glance back and forth, from the staff to Namjoon.

"She's going to assist you to your station." Namjoon smiled as he tilt his head to the staff.

"Huh? Me?" Seoyeon furrowed her brows a little, as she points to herself, making him chuckle.

"They're going to do their thing on you. You know, manicure, pedicure, haircut, or whatever their service offers." He shrugged, "And it's my treat. Let's just say I'm paying you back for everything you have done for me, for Hwayoung, and for the company." He added, making Seoyeon feel ecstatic to receive this kind of gift.

She's been actually thinking of going to a salon last week, since her hair is getting kinda long. But because of her busy schedule, she wasn't able to find time for herself. So, she thought that this offer is something she won't decline. She needs this, and she knows that.

"Thank you, Namjoon-ssi." She replied happily, all smiley and excited, before facing the staff.

"Let's go, ma'am?" The staff motioned for Seoyeon to follow her.

Seoyeon followed the staff to her station and let them prepare her and the things they will need. Meanwhile, Namjoon went to their lounge area and sat there. His mind went to Seoyeon's expression while thanking him a while ago. It made him chortle as he shook his head, realizing he finds her adorable. However, his phone suddenly beeped, taking him out of his thoughts, and saw Taehyung's name on the screen. He received a message from his brother.

[Tae,
Hi, hyung! How are things there? Today is your haircut, right? I miss hanging out with you and my niece *insert pout emoji*]

[Joon-hyung,
Hey, bro! Yeah, I just had my hair cut. Wanna see?]

[Tae,
Really? Sure!]

[Joon-hyung,
I'll send the picture later.]

[Tae,
You always play around! By the way, who went with you? I know you won't go to a barber shop without someone to comment on your haircut.]

It made Namjoon glance at Seoyeon, who is currently having her trim, and back to his phone screen. He can't just tell Taehyung that he brought Seoyeon. It might cause jealousy, knowing how Taehyung is.

[Joon-hyung,
A friend of mine came with me. Jin-hyung and Yoongi-hyung weren't available, nor Jungkook.]

[Tae,
Oh. A friend of yours? Is that new? What's the name?]

[Joon-hyung,
Ah, you don't know her.]

Is all that Namjoon replied, that made Taehyung pause and cough. Taehyung was actually in the middle of his lunch while messaging Namjoon, so when he saw that it was a 'her', he almost choked. Namjoon having a friend that is a female? Aside from Seyoung, Namjoon never had any female friends. Somehow, it made Taehyung feel happy. Maybe his hyung is starting to open his heart again, just like what he suggested.

"Ah, hyung is so sneaky. He's apparently having a date!" Taehyung giggled to himself while typing his reply. "He better introduce that girl to me, so that I could check if she fits to be with him and my niece." He nodded, acting like a strict sergeant.