Chapter 5

Author's POV

After that parent's meeting at Hwayoung's kindergarten, Hwayoung asked Namjoon if they could eat ice cream before going back to the company. So now, the five of them, including the driver and the nanny, are heading towards Hwayoung's favourite Ice Cream Parlour. Since the nanny is with them, Seoyeon is sitting with the Kim's, having Hwayoung between her and Namjoon. And Cinnamoroll never left Hwayoung's arms as she hugs it for dear life.

"Daddy, can you always fetch me from school like this?" Hwayoung hopingly requested with her puppy eyes. "Please? I really want to be fetched by you and Ms. Park everyday." She pleaded while glancing at the two beside her.

"Princess, daddy couldn't promise you, but I will try to fetch you everyday, okay?" Namjoon smiled and Hwayoung nodded happily.

"Will you be there too when daddy fetches me, Ms. Park?" Hwayoung asked to Seoyeon, who looked at Namjoon for answers.

"Uhm... Sure, sweetie, I'll be there." She answered when Namjoon nodded at her, and for the first time, he gave her a smile alongside with the nod.

"Yay! Thank you, daddy!" She exclaimed and hugged Namjoon. "Thank you, Ms. Park!" She then hugged Seoyeon after.

The ride was filled with Hwayoung's stories about her day and the two would gladly respond to her. Namjoon also noticed that his daughter becomes more talkative when his secretary is around than when it's just the two of them. When they finally arrived at the Ice Cream Parlour, Seoyeon and Hwayoung were the first to go out of the car, as they were both excited, while Namjoon is just following the two behind. He somehow felt jealous because it looks like Hwayoung forgot him already after seeing how she clings to Ms. Park.

"Hello! Welcome to Baskin-Robbins! May I take your order?" The crew cheerfully beamed to the three.

"Very Bery Strawberry, juseyo!" Hwayoung answered with a wide smile, and the crew jot it down.

"How about you, Ms. Park? Which flavour do you want?" Namjoon casually asked, which surprised Seoyeon a little.

Did her boss just asked her which flavour she wants? Is she dreaming? Or maybe because Hwayoung is just here? Yes, maybe.

"Puss in Boots, juseyo." She answered timidly with a small smile.

"Good choice." Namjoon commented, then faced the crew. "Make that two, please."

"Would that be all?" The crew asked and placed their orders after receiving a nod from Namjoon. "That would be 11,400 won." And before Seoyeon could give her share, Namjoon already paid for their ice creams.

"It's my treat, Ms. Park, you don't have to pay for it." He said so Seoyeon just thanked him with a bow.

And so, after the three got their scoops of ice cream in a cup, they looked for a place to sit. After a couple of minutes, they finally found one so Namjoon sat down while Seoyeon sat across him, however Hwayoung chose to sit beside Ms. Park.

"I wish we can always do this everyday, daddy!" Hwayoung beamed while she happily eats her ice cream beside Seoyeon.

Namjoon would admit that it's his first time to fetch Hwayoung from daycare, and it made him realize that his daughter was very happy with this. He suddenly thought how he lacks time with Hwayoung even though he pampers her with a lot of toys and dresses.

"Don't worry, daddy will try to make it as frequent as he can, okay?" Namjoon assured and he received a thumbs-up from his daughter.

After eating ice cream, they decided to go back to the company to continue work. However, Hwayoung is planning something else.