Chapter 56

[A/N: Before we proceed to this chapter, I just want to point out how Simba and Nala has the same initials as to Seoyeon and Namjoon.]

Author's POV

As the movie proceeds further, Namjoon looked at Seoyeon and a smile grew on his lips to see her sleeping soundly on his shoulder. She must be tired, he thought as he carefully lift her head and put his arm around her to make it more comfortable for her. He then fixed her hair and move the ones blocking her face before letting her head rest on his shoulder.

"Sleep well, my love." He whispered lovingly and placed a kiss on the crown of her head.

He reached for the remote and turned the volume down to avoid her sleep from getting disrupted by loud noises. He then used his free hand to stop the movie on the laptop and went to YouTube to play some relaxing tunes. After that, he sighed and rest his head on the backrest of the sofa-bed.

"I wish we could be like this everyday." He mumbled and looked back at Seoyeon's sleeping state.

She looks peaceful as she sleeps, as if her face is at ease. Slowly, he also fell asleep while staring at her. Yet after an hour, Seoyeon began to squirm and flicker her eyes open. It took her a moment to adjust her sight until she saw herself snuggled in his arms. She lifted her sight and it made her smile softly to see him sleeping. Unexpectedly, the next song played and it's a song of Lauv, I Like Me Better. She knows she's already falling in love with him, but she just need to find the perfect time to tell him. She then reached for her phone and was a little surprised to see the time. Although she doesn't want to wake him up, she began to gently tap his shoulder.

"Namjoon...." She whispered, "Wake up...." She added and caressed his cheek, that made Namjoon to flinch a little and slowly tries to open his eyes.

"Hmm?" He asked in a hum, welcomed by her smile.

"I didn't want to wake you up, but I think Hwayoung's online class is done already. She might look for us." Seoyeon uttered and he pouted before shifting to cuddle her around her waist, resting his head on her shoulder. "Are you still sleepy?"  She asked and Namjoon nodded, "Is ten more minutes alright?" She offered, receiving a lazy hum from him.

Seoyeon then let him continue his sleep, ruffling his hair while doing so. It seems odd for her how she never felt violated on how Namjoon is clinging onto her right now, instead she felt really comfortable with it. It was as if everything is just so perfect right now. She checked Namjoon and notice how he is in deep sleep. She can't help but to think of her feelings for him. She haven't felt this way before, and only Namjoon, among the men she met, brought out this kind of sensation in her. There is this strong urge to stay by his side and just take care of him and Hwayoung. At first, it indeed felt like an obligation and empathy, that it is just a part of her job and a promise to Taehyung, but now, it felt as something that she is willing to do everyday.

"Please don't ever break my heart...." She mumbled, almost inaudibly, as she sighs. "Because I'm starting to entrust it to you, Namjoon."

"I'll take good care of your heart," Namjoon suddenly whispered, which startled Seoyeon.

"Y-You're not asleep?" She asked as Namjoon pulls away.

"I was about to fall asleep, but I felt that your hand suddenly stopped ruffling my hair." He chuckled lowly with his raspy voice.

"Oh, I'm sorry for that." She apologized but he shook his head.

"Don't be. I just really like it when you ruffle my hair. It relaxes me, I guess." He smiled, "Thank you for letting me sleep. It's been a while since I slept in the afternoon."