Chapter 64

[A/N: I suggest you to listen to Traitor by Olivia Rodrigo while reading this chapter.]

Author's POV

Some minutes later, after Seoyeon left, the host announced to the guests to head to the lobby for the special show of the night. Since she and Namjoon were still not back, Taehyung excused himself to look for them. He wouldn't want to enjoy the surprise without Seoyeon. So, he went to where Seoyeon went when she exited to answer the call. He looked around, but she was nowhere to be found. Soon after, he spotted Ms. Kang walking back so he called her attention.

"How may I help you, sir?" She accommodated as she approached him.

"Did you happen to see where Seoyeon went? I'm looking for her, since the show is about to start."

"Oh, Ms. Park? I think I saw her walk to the parking area a while ago." She answered as she points at the direction to where she saw Seoyeon.

"Thank you, Ms. Kang." He uttered with a smile, while she bowed and excused herself to accommodate the guests.

Recalling what she said, Taehyung jog his way to the parking area. He wandered his eyes around until he finally spotted Seoyeon's figure from a far. He was about to call her name, but she took a left turn and she disappeared from his sight. Curious enough, he decided to follow her, but he got surprised to see the garden being lit up with fairy lights and some petals were scattered like decorations. When he looked up, he got even more surprised to see his brother holding some flowers while talking to Seoyeon.

"What are they doing?" He whispered to himself as he quietly walked closer and hid behind the bushes, enough distance to hear and see them properly.

"I'm not mad at you, Namjoon. I may ignore you and act stoic, but that doesn't mean I'm mad at you. I'm just upset on how you spoke to me during the call this afternoon, then I will just know that I have a new date the last minute. I was really excited to show you how much I've prepared for tonight, so I felt disappointed when things didn't go accordingly as I thought." He heard Seoyeon spoke, which somehow pained him.

"So she was expecting hyung.... Was that why hyung doesn't want to let me be her date?" He mumbled inaudibly, remembering how Namjoon kept on declining him last night, but hearing Namjoon's reply made him froze.

"I'm still sorry for that, love. Please accept my apology gift."

"L-Love?" He repeated as he felt his body got numb while his brain somehow couldn't register what he just heard.

"Did you prepare all of this?" Seoyeon's voice snapped him out of his thoughts, so he looked at his brother for his response.

"I wanted to make it up to you, since I wasn't being a good boyfriend today, so I asked help to make this garden look nice."

Taehyung could feel his heart getting shattered after hearing the word that confirmed his assumption. So many questions began to fog his mind. How long have this been going on? Out of all the woman his brother could fall in love with, why her? Why does is have to be the woman he is in love with? Out of all the mixed emotions he is having, only one became significant: betrayed. He felt betrayed by his own brother. It felt as if Namjoon just waited for him to leave the country before shooting his shot.

Although his mind says that he should leave, but his feet can't even oblige. Because of that, he witnessed something he wished he never did. He saw how his brother shared a kiss with her. It never looked force, instead they looked so happy and in love while doing so. The smile on their lips never left as they share another one.

"I love you, Seoyeon." He heard Namjoon say with his loving voice.

"I love you, Namjoon." She replied and it was as if his tears were on cue as they began to escape his eyes and stained his cheeks.