Chapter 21

Author's POV

"Seoyeon, I'm worried. I don't know what to do...." Taehyung opened up as he gaze on her, who is looking sadly at him.

"I'm sorry. If only I could do anything to help you, I would." Seoyeon uttered faintly.

It wasn't long until an idea came to Taehyung's mind. An idea he hoped that would work.

"You actually can help, Seoyeon." He said, getting her attention.

"Huh? Me?" She pointed to herself while Taehyung nodded. "But, how?" She asked curiously.

"I know this is too much to ask, but can you look after hyung and my niece, in my behalf? Please, Seoyeon?" He pleaded as he reach for her hand.

"T-Taehyung, are you serious?" She queried as she can't believe that he is entrusting his brother to her.

"Yes," He nodded, "Please? You're the only one I can trust them with. You've been a part of our company for four years, a friend to us, and you are not a nobody to us anymore. Besides, Hwayoung trusts you, the way hyung does too." Taehyung persisted, he can't think of anything but that.

"But, Taehyung, I'm just Mr. Kim's secretary. I don't think I'm in the right place to look after them?" She hesitantly spoke.

"I know you're hesitating, but I don't trust anyone this much the way I trust you, especially when it comes to my brother. And you've done a lot to show how much you care for Hwayoung." He insisted, so Seoyeon nodded slowly as she sigh.

"How will I do that?" Seoyeon asked, "How will I look after them?" She added, and it brought smile to Taehyung's lips.

"You just have to...."

*****

It's Wednesday night and it has been two days since Taehyung received the news of his departure. The Kim siblings are currently having their conversation at the living room. They just finished dinner and now, Taehyung decided to tell Namjoon about his plans before leaving them, including what he and Seoyeon talked about.

"What?!" He exclaimed after hearing Taehyung's remarks. "Are you out of your mind, Taehyung?" Namjoon chuckled in disbelief.

"Hyung, that's the only way I know to make sure that you and Hwayoung will be alright." Taehyung uttered in frustration.

"And that is asking my secretary to look after us? What are we? Toddlers?" Namjoon retorted.

"You act as one," Taehyung scoffed, making Namjoon gasp as if Taehyung is out of his mind.

"Taehyung, you do know that I am Hwayoung's father and I am capable of taking care of her." Namjoon replied, intimidating and serious, but Taehyung care less.

"You are indeed Hwayoung's father, but I am the one who looked after her ever since, because you were too focused on your work. Do you even know her favorite hobbies? Do you even know how she is in school?" Taehyung pointed out as he crossed his arms on his chest. "You don't even know that Hwayoung has allergies with crabs."

"Wait, she has?" Namjoon suddenly asked.

"See? You can't even tell if I'm telling you the truth about her allergies." He shrugged, making Namjoon sigh.

"Fine. I may not know my daughter that much, but asking someone to look after us without my permission is not right." He said in a more gentle way.

"I know, hyung, that's why I'm letting you know. Also, I'm sorry that I made a move without asking your thoughts. I just can't help but to worry for you and Hwayoung once I leave." He explained, but a voice made them stiff.