Chapter 62

Author's POV

"Hyung?" Namjoon called in uncertainty.

"I know you're busy with the preparation of the gala tomorrow, but I hope you don't mind me dropping by." He uttered and smiled to Seoyeon. "Good afternoon, Seoyeon-ssi." He greeted.

"Good afternoon as well, Yoongi-ssi." She reciprocated with respect as she bowed along with the greeting.

"What brings you here, hyung?" Namjoon asked as he motioned for Yoongi to sit down while he went to his desk to get the list.

"I will be straightforward with my intentions. I actually wanted to speak with Seoyeon in private, even just for a few minutes." He spoke, which made Namjoon to pause and look at him while Seoyeon just stood there with questions in her mind.

"Is it urgent?" Namjoon asked to him, receiving a nod. "I'm fine with it, as long as she's willing to come with you. It's still her decision."

"Can you spare some time, Seoyeon?" He asked kindly, while she just nodded.

"Please meet me at the lobby. I will just hand the list to someone, then I'll be there." She smiled as she gets the folder from Namjoon before excusing herself.

When she was gone, Namjoon sighed and looked at Yoongi. "May I know why you came here without any notice, hyung?"

"It's a family matter, so I can't tell you about it for now." He replied, "I'll get going now and wait for her at the lobby. Thank you for letting us talk, Namjoon. See you tomorrow at the gala." He bid, while Namjoon just hummed and watched Yoongi leave his office.

Hearing his answer a while ago made Namjoon confused to why Seoyeon can get to know about a 'family matter' while he can't. But he still respects his hyung, so he just shrugged it off and went to his desk to continue his paperworks. Meanwhile, Seoyeon is done handing the folder to Ms. Kang and also instructed her how to manage the duties for tomorrow. She's now using the executive's elevator to avoid making Yoongi wait for her. It didn't took her long to reach the ground floor, where the lobby is. She immediately saw Yoongi standing nearby, so she went to approach him.

"Hi! Were you waiting for long?" She asked, but Yoongi smiled and shook his head.

"I have a reservation at the café near the company. We can talk there." He then gestured for her to come with him.

Since the café is just walking distance, they were able to arrive there quickly. They were assisted to the reserved spot, which Seoyeon noticed was a bit hidden. To be honest, it's still a question to her why Yoongi suddenly wabted to speak with her. As far as she's concern, she never had any problems with him nor his family. When they reached their table, Yoongi helped her sit down before sitting across her.

"What would you like to drink?" He asked as he scans the menu.

"I'm fine, thank you." She said and cleared her throat, "So, what do you want to talk about?" She initiated, wanting to end her curiosity.

Yoongi exhaled deeply and put back the menu on the table, "This will explain itself...." He then placed a brown envelope in front of her.

"What is this?" She asked while looking at it, buffled.

"You should open it," He gestured, Seoyeon stared at him first before obliging.

The odd feeling she was having a while ago came back as she opens the envelope. A sheet of paper welcomed her, so she took it out and breathed heavily as she was about to read it. However, she became speechless to see what was written on the paper.

"A p-paternity test?" She stuttered, feeling anxious and puzzled.

"Seoyeon, I know it's hard to believe-"
But she cut him off.