Chapter 10

Author's POV

After minutes of waiting at the benches, Seoyeon and Hwayoung heard a familiar voice calling Hwayoung's name. Looking around, Hwayoung was the first one to spot Namjoon jogging over their place, so she smiled and ran to her father with arms wide open. The moment they both reached each other, Namjoon's hug engulfed Hwayoung tightly as he release a deep sigh of relief upon seeing his daughter.

"My princess," He hummed in delight, seizing the hug. "Please don't do that again. Daddy almost died from worry and frustration." He added jokingly with tears welling in his eyes.

That sight warmed Seoyeon's heart, making her smile softly. She knows deep down that her boss is still kindhearted, and now she can see that, even just a pinch. Not wanting to ruin their moment, she just quietly stood up and walked away, towards the supermarket, until she heard a call which made him stop.

"Seoyeon!" Taehyung called, you can hear the joy in his voice upon seeing his niece and also the love of his life.

"Oh, Taehyung." She smiled. "Hey, nice to see you here." She added when the male is now in front of him.

"I've heard that you found Hwayoung. Thank you so much for that, Seoyeon. You don't know how glad we are, especially hyung, when you said that you found my niece." He uttered with a sign of relief on his way of speaking.

"I'm sure that anyone would do the same, Taehyung." She answered, but then sooner notice Namjoon walking over with Hwayoung in his arms.

"Are you leaving already?" Namjoon asked, which bewildered her to hear his kind voice for the first time.

"Yes, sir. Hwayoung is now in good hands, she won't be needing me beside her anymore." She replied, glancing over the child who smiled at her. "I also have to go somewhere else, so I hope you will now enjoy. If you excuse me, sir, Hwayoung, and Taehyung." Seoyeon bowed and was about to turn around until...

"Wait, don't go yet." Namjoon stated, catching the attentions of the three which made him gulp slightly from embarrassment. "I-I mean, join us for lunch. It's the least I can do to show my gratitude for finding my daughter."

"Thank you for the offer, sir, but I have to decline it. Besides, seeing Hwayoung safe is what matters." She kindly insisted, so Namjoon nodded defeatedly.

Bowing for the third time, she finally walked inside the supermarket while the three are left at the same spot. Taehyung followed Seoyeon with his eyes before gazimg back at his hyung. And surprisingly, Namjoon's eyes were also plastered on Seoyeon's frame until she's out of sight.

"I wish Ms. Park stayed with us." Hwayoung mumbled sadly.

*****

Saturday's events were very exhausting but gladly for Namjoon and Hwayoung, they recovered from it. Sunday became their rest day, meaning that they only stayed at home for the whole day, to either do Hwayoung's assignments or just to simply rest. Now is another day, Monday to be precise, which means that it's work day for Namjoon while school day for Hwayoung. And just like the usual mornings, Namjoon and Taehyung are having breakfast while Hwayoung is still fast asleep.

"Taehyung," Namjoon suddenly called to the male who is quietly enjoying his meal while skimming through the net.

"Yes, hyung?" Taehyung answered, glancing momentarily at Namjoon.

Throwing his hesitation, Namjoon took a deep breath and faced Taehyung. He has no choice, only his brother knows the answer.

"About my secretary," He initiated, to which Taehyung nodded as he place down his phone to give his attention.