Chapter 29

Author's POV

It's been almost half an hour since Seoyeon began to rub Namjoon's arms and head with the hand towel, dampened with cold water. His temperature fortunately decreased near the normal, but he still needs to be treated. So, Seoyeon continued to do this until there's no more cool left on the water.

All throughout that time, Hwayoung just watched Seoyeon take care of her father. She admires the lady so much, she wished that Seoyeon could just stay with them. The way her hands gently fondle Namjoon's hair as she rubs the towel. For the little girl, there is love in it. She can see it. She can feel it. But not everything you see nor feel is right, isn't it?

"Have you eaten breakfast, Hwayoung?" Seoyeon suddenly asked in a whisper, just right for the girl to hear.

"I have, but daddy haven't." She answered, Seoyeon hummed in acknowledgement.

"I will cook soup for your father. While I'm away, can you continue to watch over Mr. Kim?" Seoyeon requested and Hwayoung nodded in compliance.

She first smiled at the child and stood up, carrying the basin with her. She made her way downstairs while sighing lightly. Seoyeon won't deny that it was truly a bit suffocating inside Namjoon's room, especially with how Hwayoung stares at her.

"Come on, Yeonie." She whispered to herself, "Once you're done feeding Mr. Kim, you can go back to the office. You're doing great, and what is right." Seoyeon cheered, trying to motivate herself.

She reached the kitchen and she saw the maids resting at their lounge area. When they saw her and was about to stand up to accommodate hee, she immediately bowed and motioned for them to sit down. She wouldn't want to bother them. Besides, she's just making a soup. But one maid stood up and still went to her.

"Ma'am, what can I help?" The maid asked, watching Seoyeon as she set the basin aside.

"Oh, it's okay. I can manage." She kindly uttered but paused for a second before facing the maid, "Am I allowed to cook here? Like, can I?" Seoyeon asked, like a curious child, which somehow made the maid smile.

"Of course, ma'am." The maid replied.

"Thanks! By the way, you can drop the ma'am. Just call me by my name, Seoyeon." Seoyeon chuckled but she got confused when the maid shook her head.

"We must show respect to you, ma'am." She said, and when the maid noticed Seoyeon's confusion, "Because you're Miss Hwayoung's mother and Sir Namjoon's wife." She added, making Seoyeon's jaw to drop and leaving her mouth slightly agape.

"I'm.... W-What?" Seoyeon stuttered as she blinked.

"Miss Hwayoung told us that her mother will come today. We assume that it's you, ma'am." The maid pointed to Seoyeon.

"Oh," Seoyeon mouthed, baffled with what she knew. "But, I'm not Mr. Kim's wife. I'm his secretary." She explained in a serious tone.

"Really, ma'am? But Miss Hwayoung said—" Seoyeon cut her off.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not Hwayoung's mother nor Mr. Kim's wife. I'm just a secretary, maybe Hwayoung was mistaken." She calmly uttered, getting a little annoyed but still tries to suppress it. "Anyway, I was about to cook chicken soup. Can I check the pantry to get the ingredients?" Seoyeon reasoned out, just so that she doesn't have to handle the topic further.

The maid nodded and led her to the pantry, helping Seoyeon get all the ingredients she needed. When everything was settled, Seoyeon told the maid that she can rest and that Seoyeon will handle things on her own. With that being said, Seoyeon worked diligently in the kitchen. Multi-tasking here and there.