Chapter 51

Author's POV

After their sweet confession, they went back inside the bar but to make it less obvious, Namjoon went in first and Seoyeon came after a few minutes. It was like nothing happened, everyone were still mesmerized by the singing and performing. It went on and on until it is finally time to go home. As they compiled at the parking lot, they bowed to Namjoon and gave thanks for the amazing team building experiences.

"You all deserve it." He praised, "Just continue to work hard and give your best. Thank you for serving the company with all your heart." He added and they were moved to hear it from him.

"We wish for your safe arrival back home, sir." Mrs. Lee said, the rest followed.

"Thank you, Manager Lee. I hope for you all to arrive home safely." He replied, "Oh, and Ms. Park," He then called, "I need you to come with me, if that's okay."

"Sure, sir. I'll just go get my things." She answered, so Mr. Son helped her to get her luggage.

Namjoon then took her things and placed them in the trunk. After bidding everyone goodbye, they all went inside their vehicles. Namjoon let the van to leave first before deciding to start the engine of his car.

"Where are we heading to, sir?" She asked as she buckles her seatbelt.

"It's just us, drop the sir." He chuckled, looking at her with a smile.

"Fine. So, where are we going?" She repeated and looked back at him.

"We're going to fetch Hwayoung at her grandparent's house. Then, I want to take us out and have dinner together, with Hwayoung, before heading back home." He informed, so she hummed as she nods.

"Is it your parent's place?" She asked, but Namjoon shook his head.

"Hwayoung stayed with her grandparents, from Seyoung's side of the family." He then checked the rear-view mirror as he leaves the parking lot.

"Wouldn't that be rude? You are going to bring a woman with you." She worries that they might find it a disgrace to their late daughter, who was once his wife.

"Don't worry, they'll going to love you. Seyoung's parents are kind, they never stopped me from looking for someone to love after her death. Just as long as I won't keep their only grandchild away, which I would never do, of course." He assured, "And I'll be there, you don't need to worry." So Seoyeon just sighed and let herself enjoy the view on their way.

The trip wasn't long, it only took Namjoon an hour since there was no traffic along the way. They're now entering an exclusive subdivision, where the Min's residence is. The house, I mean mansions, in this area are very sophisticated and grand. You'll feel poor if you get lost in this neighborhood, she thought as she wanders her eyes on every mansions they pass by. Then Namjoon began to slow down until they stopped in front of a huge black gate. He honked the horn of his car and the gates suddenly opened. There stood a very classy mansion that has a huge garden with different flowers blooming on each sides. It looks like a relaxing place, a little paradise, behind those big gates. Namjoon then stopped his car at the grand front porch of the house.

"We're here," He spoke as he unbuckle his seatbelt.

"You'll introduce me as your secretary, right?"

"Is that what you want, hm?" He asked softly as he looks at her.

"Yeah, I think that's better. Besides, we're not yet officially together." She answered, and without her notice, a phrase made Namjoon grin.

"Not yet," He exhaled happily, because it means there's a possibility.

"Don't dream yet, Romeo." She chuckled and was about to open the door, but he stopped her.