Chapter 36

Author's POV

As Namjoon walks to his spot, he glanced back to where he left Seoyeon. A small smile left his lips when he saw that she's reading a magazine while comfortably sitting on the sofa. At least, his friend is enjoying her time. Then Namjoon proceeded to where his stylist is. Just like what you usually experience in a place like this, the stylist covers Namjoon's top with the hairdressing cape.

"What kind of haircut are we upto, Joon-ah?" The stylist, same man a while ago, asked as he look at Namjoon's reflection on the mirror in front.

"I'll get a medium-length cut, hyung." Namjoon replied and the stylist smiled as he nods.

The stylist sprayed Namjoon's hair with water as the start of his cut. While the stylist does his work, Namjoon browsed on his phone to check something, at the same time to check on his daughter, who is with his parents. Back story, before leaving the house, Namjoon left Hwayoung at his parent's house to spend time with her grandparents. It was already planned, that's why he was supposed to be alone in this trip but not until Seoyeon agreed to come with him.

"This is the first time you brought a girl aside from Hwayoung and Seyoung." The stylist mentioned, making Namjoon to look up from his phone to the reflection of the stylist on the mirror. "She must be a special friend." He smiled as he glance at Namjoon.

"Well, aside from being my friend, she's also my secretary. She has been working with me for the past few years. As far as I remember, she became ny secretary back when Hwayoung had her first birthday." Namjoon stated.

"Oh, really?" The stylist seems interested, a brow raised, as he continues to cut Namjoon's hair. "I can tell that she is surely a trustworthy person for you to become friends with her." And Namjoon smiled as a sign of agreement.

"She's really a dependable and responsible person. I'm really fortunate that she's my secretary and friend." Namjoon commented with a hint of pride in his voice.

"Are you sure you only see her as your friend and secretary though?" The stylist asked in a low-key intrigued manner.

"Why, of course." Namjoon answered, but he notice the smirk on the stylist's face, making him frown. "Hyung, she's just a good friend of mine."

"I've heard that answer already, Namjoon." The stylist chuckled slightly, leaving Namjoon confused, so he continued, "Do you remember back in the time when my father was still the barber of this shop?" And Namjoon nodded, "You and your father came here, but you brought Seyoung for the first time. I asked you if she's your girlfriend, but you've told me that she was just a good friend of yours. It continued until one day, you just came back here, with her as your girlfriend."

"Wow," Namjoon chortled, "You still remember those things?" He asked in disbelief.

"Of course. As if I didn't witness how your relationship with Seyoung bloomed. I even became your stylist at your wedding day!" He beamed while Namjoon smiled sadly as he reminisce those days.

"I miss her everyday, hyung." Namjoon sighed, the atmosphere suddenly became gloomy. "It's so hard, but I've accepted it." He even added.

"You've spent a big part of your life loving her and having her as your greatest half." The stylist exhaled deeply as he proceed to brush off the hair from the cape. "But you should give yourself and your heart another chance, Namjoon. Who knows? Maybe you are suppose to meet someone else, the one who will spend a lifetime with you and your daughter. Maybe someone whom you can trust your heart with." The stylist then held his shoulders as he gaze at Namjoon's reflection. "And maybe that someone is just around you, so don't be blind." He smiled as he tap Namjoon's shoulders.