Chapter 46

Author's POV

While Seoyeon and Namjoon were so busy interacting in the kitchen, they weren't aware of the eyes watching them. Actually, only a few minutes after Namjoon arrived at the kitchen, Ms. Kang and Mrs. Lee woke up. They decided to go out and breathe some fresh morning breeze, but they were intrigued when they heard noises coming from the kitchen. That is why they went there to check what's happening. And there, they saw the two. Not wanting to ruin the two's innocence about their presence, they quietly watched them from the corner but only Namjoon's view was visible because Seoyeon is facing backwards.

Mrs. Lee observed Namjoon's expression, and it gave her the assurance that her hypothesis is accurate. After seeing how worried he was for Seoyeon yesterday, she knew Seoyeon is very special to Namjoon. And now, he is looking fondly at her. Maybe Seoyeon was too busy cooking that she doesn't notice it. On the other hand, Ms. Kang is also watching the two, but mainly focused herself to Seoyeon. Ever since the incident, she couldn't help but worry if Seoyeon is accompanied by someone or she might collapse again.

"Here, try it and let me know if it needs anything else." They heard Seoyeon spoke and watched her as she fed a spoonful of the stew to Namjoon.

It surprised them to hear her casually talking to him, especially when she did that while it seems like normal to Namjoon, but it added more weight to their intuitions about the two. Undeniably, they do look good together, they thought so.

"Have you ever thought of attending culinary school?" Namjoon asked to Seoyeon, who just shook her head. "Why not? You are skilled in cooking delicious foods. It's not bad to try." He encouraged.

"I would if I can. But I can't." She simply replied.

"But why?" He persisted, making her chuckle on how stubbornly curious he is.

"It's because I'm your secretary." She answered, "I can't go to culinary school and be your secretary at the same time. I won't be able to focus on my career. Besides, culinary school is so expensive." She pointed out as a matter of fact.

"But do you want to attend culinary school?" Namjoon asked, so Seoyeon looked at him with a raised brow.

"Why do you keep on asking?" She spoke in an annoyed voice, but jokingly.

"Because I want to," He uttered in a way how he would talk to her as her boss.

"You and your superiority issues." She muttered and just went back to stirring the stew.

It made Namjoon smile secretly to see her adorable annoyed expression, and now he wants to tease her even more. So he tilted his head and leaned a little closer to get her attention.

"What are you doing?" She uttered and gave him a confused look as she glanced at him.

"Nothing. I'm just sniffing the aroma of the food." He shrugged and motioned to the stew she's cooking.

"If only you're not my boss, I would've hit you on the head." She joked as she laughingly shook her head.

"I think you already have." He mumbled a little inaudibly.

"What was that?" She asked.

"You and your poor hearing abilities." He answered instead, copying Seoyeon's remark a while ago.

Seoyeon just scoffed and excused herself to get the bowls, leaving Namjoon. While she was away, Namjoon gazed on his wedding ring. He closed his eyes and recalled Seyoungs last words to him.

She smiled and slightly pulled Namjoon face towards hers. "P-Please be h-happy, and o-open your heart a-again." She whispered before finally giving Namjoon their last kiss.
[From Chapter 3]