Chapter 63

Author's POV

The following day came and the gala is already tonight. Seoyeon is all alone in the apartment since it's Friday and the two are at work. To be honest, she's weirded out on why Namjoon haven't texted her aside from his usual good morning messages. She wanted to call him and have a short chit-chat, but she thought that he might be busy. So, she just spent her morning cleaning the apartment. After lunch, she then watched a movie to kill her boredom. She still haven't received any text from him, which she just shrugged off. When she was done watching a good 2-hour long movie, she then went to the bathroom and took her time bathing herself. She played with the bubbles and enjoyed the scent of lavander as she had her bath.

However, she didn't bathe for long since she is expecting someone to come over in an hour. She actually hired a stylist, which is her good college friend, to do her hair and make-up. It wasn't long until her friend finally arrived. They had some catching up, since it's been a while, then the styling began.

"We'll put your hair into an updo, so that your neckline will be given more emphasis." She said, so Seoyeon nodded and watched her as she did her hair.

The event will start at 7 in the evening, but Namjoon will pick her up at 6, which is one hour left for Seoyeon. When the stylist was done with her hair, she did her make-up. She put up a smokey eye look and put on a darker red, matte lipstick. She wore her dress and looked at the mirror.

"You look like Hades, but the female version." The stylist joked, which made her laugh.

She looks like a stealthy feline that can grasp you with one hand when you're not aware. The stylist then took pictures of her while they were waiting. Of course, after that, Seoyeon paid for her and also gave her a tip as thanks for giving her a wonderful service. After the stylist left, it was the same time when Seoyeon received a phone call from Namjoon. Just seeing his name makes her giddy and she couldn't wait to show him herself once he arrives.

"Hey, love! Are you on your way now?" She asked, but his response made her smile to fade.

(I'm sorry to say this, but I won't be able to pick you up. Someone is on the way to your apartment to do so.)

"Oh, is that so?.... We'll just meet at the venue then?" She asked, but his silence made her feel uneasy. "Namjoon, are you still on the line?" She called.

(I'll see you later, Seoyeon.)

The call ended after that. He sounded so stoic, which worried Seoyeon. As far as she knew, they were fine last night. Somehow, she felt her heart ache a little. Namjoon is not the one who will pick her up, then there's something off. Minutes later, she heard a knock on her door. It must be the one he assigned to pick her up, she thought. So she unplugged all the appliances and took her clutch bag before going out, only to be stunned to see Taehyung standing before her.

"T-Taehyung?" She asked in astonishment.

"Surprise!" He beamed happily, opening his arms to greet her with a hug. "I missed you so much, Seoyeon." He sighed as he pulls away.

She was still too stunned to speak, but Taehyung never found anything wrong with it. He is just so happy to see the love of his life again, and he couldn't even take his eyes away from how beautiful she is right now.

"I guess you took this surprise too much." He chuckled, which finally brought back Seoyeon's wit.

"Y-Yeah," She tried to put up a smile as she chuckles along with him. "Are we going to the venue together?" She asked to ease the awkward anxiety she is feeling right now.

"Uh-huh. Hyung said I can be your date tonight!" He cheered, but Seoyeon felt otherwise. "Oh, I have something for you." He then handed her a stem of white rose.