Chapter 42

Author's POV

Namjoon later on went out of the library and headed his way to the dining area, where he saw Seoyeon helping the helpers prepare the table. He stopped himself and stayed behind the wall. He can hear the helpers insisting for her to let them do it, but she is stubborn and just said that she's not doing anything so might as well help.

"But Master Kim might scold us," A helper frowned, scared that he'll see them.

"Don't worry, he won't. Just tell me of he does that, then I'll talk to him." She replied in an assuring way, and they just can't help but to somehow smile on how kind she is to them.

That's when Namjoon decided to mess around, finally revealing himself. "What will you tell me if I scold them?" He said to Seoyeon who became stiff and slowly lifted her head to meet Namjoon's gaze.

"S-Sir, I didn't see you there." She chuckled nervously. "We're just preparing the table. Is there anything you need?" She asked, earning a raised brow from him.

Namjoon nodded to the helpers, a signal for them to leave the area. Seoyeon watched as they left one by one. Is she the one getting the scolding?

"Give me the spoons." Namjoon commanded, so Seoyeon just cluelessly gave those to him.

It surprised her when Namjoon began to place the spoons beside the plates. Is she dreaming? Her boss is helping her do a chore?

"Don't just look at me," He uttered while busily preparing the table, not looking at her out of shyness. "You can do the forks." He said, glancing at the forks that she's holding.

Seoyeon was still bewildered but she continued to put the forks beside the spoons that were set by Namjoon. At the far corner, the helpers were sneakily watching their Master do a chore for the first time. Is it because of that girl?

"What's going on?" A voice whispered to the helpers, which stunned them.

It's Ms. Kang. They told her to not be loud and pointed at the two, who are oblivious of the other's presence. Even she was surprised to see what's happening right now. Mr. Kim and Ms. Park, preparing the dinner table together. She had to rub her eyes and check again if she's not hallucinating. However, Namjoon got a glimpse of them, so he coughed.

"I know you're all hiding there. Better show yourselves or I call you all individually." He warned, while leaving Seoyeon confused.

They had no choice, so Ms. Kang showed first as she was followed by the rest of the helpers. Their heads were hung low, felt embarrassed after being caught snooping.

"Are you going to scold them?" Seoyeon asked worriedly.

"No. But they should know that snooping is not a good thing." Namjoon stated in a strict manner. "Do you all really have to hide there? What for, huh?"

"We're sorry, sir." Ms. Kang apologized along with the rest.

"Why don't you, guys, get the food instead? I heard we'll eat seafood! Let's hurry so that we could eat, okay?" Seoyeon cheered to lighten up the mood, so the helpers immediately obliged and went to the kitchen to get the food. "Ms. Kang, why don't you call the others so that we can have lunch already and start the games early." She requested, so Ms. Kang nodded and left without saying a word.

She exhaled when they were finally gone, but Namjoon was still a little pissed. "I don't eat seafoods." He uttered lowly, somewhat sulky for what Seoyeon did a while ago.

"I know, sir, that is why I asked them to cook steak for you." She answered, "And please, don't be too hard on them."

"But I'm their boss, I have the rights to scold them." He reasoned out.