Chapter 69

Author's POV

"— Ara." Taehyung finished her sentence, which surprised her.

"H-How did you know my name?" She asked in amusement.

Taehyung smiled, "I've known you back in college. Well, not literally known that much, like so much. I just see you around since we were batch mates back then." He explained while Ara nodded as she hummed.

"That's, uhm, interesting." She replied with a bashful smile.

"Hwayoung, can you please get daddy the donuts?" Namjoon's voice was heard, which interrupted the two.

"Okay, daddy!" Hwayoung responded and took the box of Krispy Kreme with her to the kitchen.

The two watched her leave. It's funny how they look like a happy family together in the kitchen. Ara glances at Taehyung to see his expression and she sees a bittersweet smile on his face while looking at them. To divert his attention, she faked a cough.

"I've heard about you, too. Seoyeon always mentioned you to me." Ara said and his bittersweet smile turned into a sweet one.

"Really? What did she say?" He asked.

"She told me how loving and sweet you are to her."

"Well, she deserves nothing but love and every good thing there is. I guess my brother is the most capable of giving that to her." He shrugged as he chuckled a little. 

Both of them sighed, feeling different pain at the same time. Pain of not being chosen by the one you love was his. Pain of seeing the one you love being in pain because of his unrequited love was hers.

"You're very admirable, you know." She praised, "It takes a lot of courage to let go of someone you love, especially if the reason is because you know that she'll be happier with someone else."

"What do you mean?" He asked curiously.

"I know how it feels, to witness the one you love fall in love with someone else." She said with a pained smile. "I, too, have seen the man I love fall in love with someone else. I didn't do anything, because I know that he will never have the happiness he is experiencing with the woman he wants."

"That's sad...." Taehyung frowned, "Don't worry. He's stupid for missing out a very beautiful and kind woman like you." He assured, which somehow made Ara laugh.

'Only if you know who that man is....' She thought.

"See? Smiling suits you best. You have a beautiful smile." He complimented.

"You're the one who's not smiling that much, Mr. Kim Taehyung." She answered back sassily, making him grin with how funny she is. "Now we're talking! That's the smile of an Adonis." She cheered.

Taehyung couldn't contain himself in joining Ara as they chuckled upon their goofiness. Meanwhile, the three in the kitchen are pretty much enjoying each other's company. Especially the two.

"Tada! Just like what you wanted." Namjoon said after Seoyeon opened the box of donuts.

"Thank you, love. Hm, they look so good." She hummed as she looked at those perfectly glazed donuts and the light made the glaze shine.

"Anything for my girl." He kissed her cheek then rested his chin on her shoulder, while also securely hugging her from behind.

Hwayoung, on the other hand, is just courteously sitting at the table while watching her supposedly parents being all lovey-dovey. Not for long, she eventually got her juice and is now being served with a donut.

"Eat well, my sweetheart." Seoyeon uttered sweetly, and quickly caressed her cheek. "I'll just serve these to Ara and Taehyung." She then excused herself to accommodate the two in the living room.