Chapter Twenty-Seven

Mark is taking this whole Roger Concepcion thing so seriously that he didn't want to tell me any single information or any small details which makes me even more inquisitive about the subject.

What is his connection to Ares? Are they even related? And what is it about him that's giving me goosebumps?

Yet one thing's clear, this is really shitting me!

Only by Friday in the afternoon the next day did I decided to come to school. There's no classes anyway so I guess it's just fine. I'll just ask the teachers on what are the things I need to do to make up with what I missed.

I already texted Jass that I'd be coming so that there would be no over-reacting scene that will happen but knowing them, I doubt that there won't be. But it's opposite with Carl, I didn't even let him know that I arrived last night. I feel like I owe him a lot of things and I want to surprise him.

"Leaving already?" declared Mark who's been lounging in the living room.

"Yeah," I simply replied.

"Let me offer you a ride."

"Scooter or car?" I asked.

"Auntie's car, I prefer."

"Nah, I want to ride my scooter, really. Like, all alone."

"Fine, scooter. But let me drive you at least."

"Why is that all of a sudden?"

He just rolled his eyes at me as he stood up.

"Because I'm here really often. So allow me to do the honors. No buts," he said when I wanted to retort.

"What's with you guys when you use your tone as if uttering a command? Really, I feel like I don't have a choice but to obey."

Mark just laughed and grabbed the scooter keys from me then went outside. I immediately followed after his long strides.

I walk alone to our classroom after Mark dropped me off. I can see my squad clearly from afar, with Sandra waving, it's impossible not to notice.

I closed our distance as I quickened my pace and when I'm a few yards away, they greeted me with a very deafening, "Welcome back!" and it comes with a banner with the same words pasted.

We all shared a tight, yearning embrace which made me realize how I totally missed the company of these gals, including Jake who was still unbelievably inseparable to Sandra.

"We missed you so much!" declared Erin.

"Is that so? It's not like I went abroad. It's just a week!"

"Fine. Drop it guys, she didn't miss us," said Martha teasingly and they all pretended to cease their high spirits and walked out.

"Hey! Hold it, alright? Of course I missed all of you so much!"

"That's the key word. So how's your Dad?" Sandra asked.

"He's still under recovery. But he's doing pretty good now," I replied earnestly.

"That's absolutely great then," Jassmine blurted.

"Let's talk about it over a cup of coffee, shall we? We've lots to tell you also."

"I guess that could wait. I still have stuffs to deal with our teachers and other errands."

"Alright, if that's the thing, after school it is then. We have to do a surplus of talking," Sandra stated while Jake sighed in exasperation and uttered, "What's with girls and their need for a gossip session?"