Chapter Three

Ding Dong… Ding Dong…

I was able to wake up by the sound of the doorbell. I checked the clock at my bedside table to see the time, it’s still 7 am in the morning. I don’t wanna get up yet, I’m still drowsy. I wasn’t able to get much sleep last night since I was working on my latest poem, plus the fact that sleepiness wasn’t creeping over me in the fullness of nighttime.

I was really curious on who’s the one ringing the doorbell in this early hour. Thank God that my Aunt was there to check out who it was.

“Wait! I’m coming,” my aunt shouted as she hurried outside. They seem to have a short conversation but all I could here are murmurs of it. Yet, her voice came out to be surprised and stunned upon finding who the guest is. I don’t care on whoever it is, it might just be one of Auntie's amigas. All I care about is to sleep, sleep and sleep. That’s all I want and need as for this moment.

***

“Athena! Get up there, now!” Aunt Mathilda called out for me and knocked on my door.

“Why?” I asked with all the laziness, still with my eyes closed and my face sobbed at my favorite red pillow.

“It’s because it’s already 7:30 in the morning!” she continued, but I didn’t reply and just ignored it.

“C’mon. I’ll really splash you with cold water if you don’t wake up there,” she added.

“I know you can’t do it,” I stated with all the sleepiness creeping over me.

“Don’t force me to do so!”

“Fine!” I replied and groaned, forcing myself to open my eyes. I stretched my body first and then stood up.

I feel indolent to comb my hair, that’s why I just automatically get out from my room and proceed to the kitchen to have a cup of hot chocolate. My vision is still blurry as I walked because I’m still sleepy.

Upon opening the kitchen door, I rubbed my eyes and then yawned. When my sight is clear enough, I get to realize that there is someone else in the kitchen. My eyes literally widened on what I have seen.

I rubbed my eyes again to make sure that I wasn’t dreaming or fantasizing. He’s real and he’s plastering a wide grin on his face while looking at me. Bloody hell! What brought the ever evil Ares Flynn here in our house? And he’s been dining all alone here in our kitchen? He really lost himself.

I just walked past him and eventually prepared my hot chocolate, as if I don’t care about his presence. But the truth is that he’s really a great interruption of a nice morning.

“Ahem,” he broke the silence between the both of us but I know that he’s just trying to draw my attention. I didn’t say anything and just continued what I was doing.

Maybe he can’t bear it anymore that’s why he finally spoke, “You won’t even say good morning?”

I really don’t have the gut to speak to him today. It’s enough that I could feel his presence in this house, making short chatters make me feel tormented.

“Hello? Have you lost your tongue or something? Nice hairstyle by the way,” he added and then laughed.

I realized that I didn’t comb my hair a moment ago that’s why it’s a little bit messy. No doubt that he’s criticizing it by now.

“If you laugh again, I swear! I’ll really soak your mouth in a cup of hot cocoa!” I warned him and then he forced himself not to laugh.

I eventually fix and tied my hair up. When I’m done, I stated, “Why the hell are you here?”