Chapter Seven

After chattering with Lara at the photo booth outside, we then proceed indoors and then sat at our designated table. I peeked at my vintage Citizen wristwatch which was originally Mom’s. It reads a quarter to eight, no wonder there’s already been lots of individuals inside.

“Hey, have you seen Jake?” Sandra interrogated.

It’s not been half a day since the last time they saw each other and now she’s looking for him? Tsk tsk, the things that love can do.

“No, I’ve never seen any traces of Jake with my virgin eyes. So as the other guys.” Martha replied.

Sandra just sighed and then abruptly, “Holy cow! So ladies brace yourselves for a pack of exquisite young guys are coming forth.” Sandra declared and I just snorted at her words.

Then I laid an eye to the forthcoming boys. As expected, they compliment with the girls’ costumes. Gale was clad valiantly as Cpt. Trevor in the room Wonder Woman. Nate definitely matches Jass’s Odette with his intrepid Lancelot dress up. Jake is the ever fetching live bloodsucker I’ve seen identical to Sandra whose get-up is Aro of Twilight. Then there’s that familiar face I’m seeing. Then I turned to look at Erin, whom by now was dazed in stun and awe.

Then she slowly muttered, “Is that… Is that F-frank I’m seeing?”

“None other than him Erin,” uttered Jassmine with assurance.

When the boys head towards us, with all the bolt from the blue Frank exclaimed, “Erin! Oh, it’s you!”

Then there goes the drama once more when both of them ran towards each other and shared a time-consuming hug of yearning.

“You know what? They are far worse than Sandra and Jake,” I whispered to Jass, who’s currently looking tenderly at Frank and Erin.

“Just let them Athena, we all know that they’re trying to work it out through LDR. They just miss each other.” Jassmine then replied.

“Still, no need to be exaggerated,” I added.

“Athena just so you know, start minding your own business. Stop being bitter about love when you got Ares waiting for you.” Sandra firmly stated. I just pursed my lips and rolled my eyes at her.

Then there I saw him, I almost forget about his presence though. There he is standing among many people in this room, arms crossed at his front, whispering something to Nate, making his carved dimples show.

Apparently, upon eyeing him I was able to notice and decipher that his costume is of Peeta Mellarck’s and that made us identical. I then get my phone from the table and texted Sandra since she's the very first person that comes to mind when we talk about sabotage.

Did you tell Ares about my costume?

I began texting and then she immediately received my message.

No, I didn't. 

She replied.

Then who? Why is he dressed as Peeta?

Who the hell knows?

I didn’t reply and gaze at Sandra who just made a look at me that seems to say, "Can’t you trust me anymore?" and I just sighed.

Then Frank’s voice suddenly wakes me from my reverie, “Hey, Athena! Long time!”

“Oh, Frank! How have you been?”

“A lot more better than the last time.”

Then we shared an embrace (obviously not like the one he had with Erin).