3

" I am so confused."

Scott sits in amazement as the formerly angry beast is now a green body-builder with a professor cardigan.

" These are confusing times," Bruce says, " Have some eggs."

" Right, no, no. That's not what I meant."

" Nah, I get it. I'm kidding! I know, it's crazy. I'm wearing shirts now."

" Yeah. What? How? Why?"

" Five years ago, we got our asses beat. Except it was worse for me... I lost twice. First, Hulk lost, then Banner lost, and then... we all lost."

" No one blamed you, Bruce," Natasha says.

" I did," He says.

Lauren drinks the last bit of her coffee. Steve grabs the pot and pours her some more. He fills it up 3/4 of the way, and then fills the rest with oat milk-- just the way she likes it.

" For years, I've been treating Hulk like he's some kind of disease, something to get rid of," Bruce continues, " But then, I start looking at him as the cure. 18 months in the gamma lab. I put the brains and the brawn together. And now look at me. Best of both words."

" My apologizes to your toilet," Lauren mutters, earning a chuckle from Steve.

A group of kids walk up to the table and ask for an autograph and picture of Bruce. Normally it wouldn't phase her-- seeing kids out in public-- but after seeing Tony for the first time in years makes her feel differently. She clears her throat and sits up straight in the booth.

" Excuse me," Lauren says.

She teleports out of the booth, and the kids exclaim in amazement

She teleports out of the booth, and the kids exclaim in amazement. She appears in the passengers seat of the car, and lets out a deep breath. She breaths in, and breaths out. She reaches into her jacket pocket and pulls out a crumpled up piece of paper. She opens in up and reads it.

" I am not alone."

She repeats the words to herself multiple times. The feeling in the bottom of her heart doesn't go away. She closes her eyes and rest her head on the back of her seat. She focuses on a single name.

Naitee Singh.

Eyes still closed. She feels like her eyes are rolling without them actually moving. Her phone ringing breaks her concentration and she picks it up.

" I was just thinking about you."

" I know. You were in my head."

Lauren bites her bottom lip as she stares out of the car window.

" We've talked about this. If you want to get in touch, call me. You can't go snooping around my thoughts, Lauren."

" I know, I know... it's just... easier."

" Why is it easier to use your powers instead of doing the mundane?"

" It makes me feel... good. It's like a rush I can't get from anything else."

" How often have you been using your powers to make simple things more simple?"

" I caught a box of donuts with my mind and put chairs away without touching them."

" Okay look, I only have a few more minutes before my next client, but I want you to work on something before our next sessions. Before you use your powers instead of doing the mundane, I want you to stop and ask yourself why you're doing this."

" You've been trying to get me to do that for years, doc."

" And hopefully this time you'll do it on your own. I'll see you next week."