31

Despite the events of the night prior, Wanda still wakes up in her own bed.

She's not alone, but it's not her husband who lays beside her.

Lauren and Wanda lay side by side with disheveled hair in their costumes from last night before.

Wanda groans as her eyes open. They take in their surroundings, then glance over to the right to see the sleeping woman.

The twins eventually make their way into their mother's bedroom, confused and a little scared.

Wanda, after a little longer in bed, pushes the covers off and stands up with a sigh. She puts on a robe and puts her hair into a low bun. Before she leaves the room, she glances over at Lauren and feels... happy. In her dream, Lauren sees Steve. Her husband. Wanda watches the dream for a moment. She feels how much love Lauren had and still has for the Captain. Wanda takes a deep breath and bites the inside of her cheek. The mother leaves to go down the stairs, leaving Lauren all by herself in the big bed.

In her slumber, Lauren lives through the moments she shared with her one true love. The real ones. From when they met up until the day he died.

But, as with everything, her dream comes to a bitter end. She awakens with a gasp, for she believed, if only for a moment, that it was real. With a sigh, she escapes from the bed. She changes her clothes and goes down the stairs, only to find Wanda surrounded by furniture that does not match this decade. Wanda uses her powers to bring everything back to what it's supposed to be. Lauren makes direct eye contact with what would be the camera, then turns her attention back to Wanda. Wanda looks back at her and gives a nervous chuckle.

 Wanda looks back at her and gives a nervous chuckle

" I'm fine. I'm fine," Wanda says.

" Yeah, because your complete lack of control was a dead give away," Lauren says with a raised eyebrow.

Wanda keeps her nervous smile as goes back to her cereal. Lauren sighs once more as she looks down at the floor.

SNAP

All it takes. A simple snap. And with it, Westview goes on pause. Everything and everyone. Including Wanda.

Lauren steps forward to the red head. Lauren positions herself behind the couch and slowly brings her hands up. She cups her hands around Wanda's head and seeps into her mind. Eyes closed, she's brought into another dream.

Wanda's.

Except, it's everything but a dream. It's a nightmare.

She sees Wanda pleading with S.W.O.R.D. to give her Vision's body. She sees the android corpse laying on an operating table and Wanda cries over him. She sees Wanda walking around the foundation of their home with a paper in her hands. She sees Wanda break. She sees Wanda, in her grief, let her powers escape her body and create everything they see around them. She sees Wanda create the Westview Hex.