5

Both of the master assassins agreed that Nat would be the one to go to Clint. They both know how much he's hurting, and know how much he's lost.

Thor and Lauren haven't exactly kept in touch. Which makes their reunion all the more awkward.

Thor was depressed. He lost his mother, father, love, older sister, younger brother and  failed to defeat Thanos. All he knows is that Odin lied to him... and he wasn't as good as his father.

These past five years have been excruciatingly difficult for both of them.

However, with her therapy Lauren is almost improving. Almost.

She knows what she is... but she doesn't know who she is.

But she does know that this time heist is a bad idea.

Clint volunteered do to the test run, since Scott has a bad run last time. He was brought back to his farm house before his wife and kids were snapped and brought back a baseball glove. It worked. He just proved that the Avengers can bring back something from the past.

And now its time for a brainstorming sessions.

" Okay, so the how works. Now we gotta figure out the when and the where. Almost everyone in this room has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones," Steve says.

"Or substitute the word encounter with damn near killed by one of the six Infinity Stones," Tony says.

" Or been created by six of the six Infinity Stones," Lauren says as she lays on the couch with her head resting on a pillow.

" Yeah, I think she wins," Scott says.

" We only have enough Pym Particles for one round-trip each. And these stones have been in a lot of different places at a lot of different times," Bruce says.

" So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in, yeah?" Tony says.

" So, let's start with the Aether. Thor, what do you know?" Steve asks.

All eyes turn to Thor, one hand resting on his belly and the other holding a beer. His sunglasses on, and no response.

" Is he asleep?" Nat asks.

" No, no. I'm pretty sure he's dead," Rhodey says.

" Uh, where to start? Um... the Aether, firstly, is not a stone. Someone called it a stone before. Um, it's more of an angry sludge sort of thing... so someone's gonna need to amend that and stop saying that. Here's an interesting story though, about the Aether. My granfather, many years ago, had to hide the stone from the Dark Elves. Ooooh, scary beings. So Jane, actually. Oh, there she is.  Yeah, she was an old flame of mine. You know, she stuck her hand inside a rock this one time... and then the Aether stuck itself inside her and she became very, very sick. And so I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from, and we had to try and fix her. We were dating at the time, you see... and I got to introduce her to my mother... who's dead and, um... Oh, you know, Jane and I aren't even dating anymore, so... Yes, these things happen though, you know. Nothing lasts forever. The only thing that is permanent in life is impermanence."

----

" Quill said he stole the Power Stone from Morag," Rocket says.

" Is that a person?" Bruce asks.

" No, Morag's a planet. Quill was a person."

" Like, a planet? Like, in outer space?" Scott asks.

" Oh, look. It's like a little puppy, all happy and everything. Do you wanna go to space? You wanna go see space, puppy? I'll take you to space," Rocket says as he pats Scott on the head.

" Can you pass me the Wasabi?" Tony asks.

Before anyone can reach for it, Lauren snaps her fingers and makes the wasabi appear in front of Tony. Everyone stops and stares at her.

" What?... too soon?"

----

" Thanos found the Soul Stone on Vormir. What is Vormir," Nebula says.

" What is Vormir?" Nat asks.

" A dominion of death at the very center of celestial existence. It's where Thanos murdered my sister."

Nobody knows how to respond to that.

----

" That Time Stone guy," Nat says.

" Doctor Strange," Bruce says.

" Yeah, what kind of a doctor was he?" She asks.

" Ear-nose-throat meets rabbit-from-hat," Tony says.

" Nice place in the Village, though," Bruce says.

" Yeah, on Sullivan Street?"

" Mmm... Bleecker Street."

" Wait, he lived in New York?" Nat asks.

" How come I never met him?" Lauren asks, her head resting on Nat's belly.

" You're telling me you've never joined a coven? Or gone to a summer solstice celebration?" Tony asks.

" You know, I was a little busy dealing with my super secret spy company being filled with Nazis and having to fight an army of self-aware robots with a God-complex," She says.

" Guys, if you pick the right year, there are three stones in New York," Nat says.

" Shut the front door," Bruce says.

" And this is why we have you," Lauren says as she high fives her best friend.

----

" Alright, we have a plan. Six stones, three teams, one shot," Steve says.

As the teams get into their suits, Lauren makes her way to each of them. She places one hand on them, closes her eyes, and uses a protection spell on each of them. A golden sigil glows on their arms and then disappears before they notice.

Right before it's time for them to go on their missions, she grabs her husband's hands, closes her eyes, then opens them

Right before it's time for them to go on their missions, she grabs her husband's hands, closes her eyes, then opens them. They glow a neon green as the surroundings around them stop in place. The team stops walking, the sun stops setting, the birds stop flying.

Lauren brings her husband into her embrace, as if for the last time. She squeezes him tight, and he squeezes her back. Steve lets out a deep breath. He won't admit it to the team, but he's nervous as hell.

Eyes closed, head resting on her husband's chest, she knows why she's using her powers. Steve uses two fingers to lift up her chin, and then brings his lips down onto hers.

Her hands rest on the back of his neck and his arms wrap around her waist. Their lips part, and then they rest their foreheads against one another.

" Forever and ever."

" Till death tears us apart."